Corp Finance on the 50 test

I had the test that was 5051 or something like that. Anyway, Corp Finance was my bread and butter on all the prep material. I left the test dead sure that I hit 9/12 at the minimum. I get my score back and I actually hit less than 50% on Corp Finance. Did anybody else get a big surprise in that section? Maybe I missed a bunch of “nots” and “excepts.” I dont know, but what the deuce. Was it a tricky section? Just trying to get a grip on if I am a corporate finance water head or if I missed the curve balls. Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 * - - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

Same here. I was quite confident of scoring well in Corp Fin, and ended up getting a <50%. Not that it matters now, but this came as a big surprise!

Same here. This came as surprise to me as well.

I bombed Corp Fi as well. I did fine in it on the mocks, bu I also received a <50 score. A lot of the qualitative questions were confusing and left me guessing.

I did well in Corporate Finance, but there were definitely some tricky questions for sure.

same here, last year when i did not open any book i got over +70 in corp finance and PM … this year when i studied very well i got below 70 in corp, PM … and other subject.

I did well in Corporate Finance, but didn’t remember exactly the topics tested. For sure, there were some tricks in Mergers and acquisitions questions.

Count me in… I got screwed in Corp Fin and Portfolio Management just like you… They are bread and butter for me too… it’s dirty but I’ll take it over failing and going through the torture again.

I remember that the tough corporate finance vignette was more qualitative than the other one. I felt that I was very strong in corporate finance going into the exam even the corporate governance part. I however got less than 50% on that section. It is hard to figure.

Yeah, I was a bewildered by my <50% in Corp Fin. Not that it really mattered, but it’s an area that I thought would be okay.

maybe the long string of Cs everyone got was actually wrong