Corporate Finance Work Experience

Does a Corporate Finance Work Experience from a big 4 firm qualify as a valid 4 year work experience for the CFA? Some of the roles in the Corporate Finance department include valuations, fund advisory, debt structuring, project financing, amongst others.

it had better because I too work in corp finance in treasury of a public…

If you assist in the investment decision-making process, then it is qualified.

bubbachuck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does a Corporate Finance Work Experience from a > big 4 firm qualify as a valid 4 year work > experience for the CFA? Some of the roles in the > Corporate Finance department include valuations, > fund advisory, debt structuring, project > financing, amongst others. what do you do bubbachuck, alot of those cats are free-wheeling accountants

I have an economics & finance major. Mostly valuations and advisory in major infrastructure projects (project financing for investing in infrastructure projects) as well as some other side roles in fund advisory, debt structuring, financial modeling.

I would have thought the CFAI would be best to ask if you are unsure. Most responses here will be based on a educated guess, where as the Cfa will be able to give a definitive answer.