COVID impact on December exam

The important thing is that CFAI made a solution that could work for almost everyone.

Not sure what to think of 2x a year exam for L2 and L3, after 4x a year for L1. Seems to be diluting the certificate to a good extent.

you already referred to it as certificate lol…its no longer a coveted charter

Well CFA charter is a certificate and that’s a fact, with 1 or 4 testings per year. Not sure how you’ve got your conclusion about not being a coveted charter.

Saurabh… GIPS like Ethics on Steriods. You will have to love it. There is no other way. By the way, it is mighty unpredictable

Agreed.

most folks who pass all three exams refer to themselves as CFA charter holders. I have not heard of anyone referring to themselves as CFA certificate holder. Not playing on the grammatical or phonetic aspects , but just saying , referring to it as a CFA certificate kind of devalues it somewhat.

Agreed man. I also kind of feel its an unnecessary instructions manual that one google if he/she really wants to follow when starting a fund.

Plus why’s Radagast the Brown so high ? :wink:

:grin:
Thanks Buddy. At least my guise is in the open. These days being high is a privilege…

But you keep referring to something I did not write/say. I only referred to it as a certificate, which CFA is, hence the word “certified” referring to “C.” I never said that Charterholders refer to themselves as certificate holders. And I explicitly said that no matter how many exams there are during the year, it is still a certificate. You could even argue that the words certificate and charter mean the same thing in this context and I could have easily said that the number of exams in a year dilute the charter.

Hopefully, this post settles this whole charter/certificate nonsense.

The C in CFA stands for charted financial analyst not certified financial analyst. Kindly get your facts right before you write the next exam. I have better things to do rather than waste my time over this matter. Also i have never come across anybody who referred to it as a certificate except possibly you.
All the best to you for your next certificate exam.

Oops, it looks like I you are right and I was totally wrong. It could be so because I am more interested in the knowledge rather than title. Many thanks for clearing out this crucial CFA concept Engee, you are a doll :wink:

Hang in there fellas! Im glad im done with this (since 2018) but wow, can’t imagine studying for something that might not even be possible in December. Almost makes the study seem useless/less effective. But best of luck to everyone on here. I was on these forums for a hot minute studying for this darn exam and i can tell you…fells LEGIT when its done and over it.