Coworker studies during work

Well, at least your coworker is doing something productive with his time - I mean…he could be surfing the web, posting on messageboards, not working or studying, etc.

Sombrero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > former trader Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > It’s only annoying once you finish the exams. > It > > was not annoying when I was doing the same > years > > ago. > > > Even more so because I didn’t. heehee…I found > new things to do at work, gave it my all, and woke > up 3 hours early each day to study before work. I > am slightly bitter. what a tw@t!

I bet the guy that studies makes more than you too, you should really look into it. Sorry, just trying to make the OP more pi$$ed.

OP youre a real bum you bum!!

Some companies actually want their employees to pass these exams. As long as he’s getting his work done (which may include improving his credentials so the firm can advertise how bada$$ their team is), then he should be allowed to organize his time the way he wants. If he’s not producing sufficient or sufficient quality work, then he’s going to be out anyway. The only real legitimate issue would be if you can clearly see how his behavior means that you or others have to pick up the slack without any compensation (such as higher pay or faster promotion).

Tend to agree with bchadwick. As long as his behaviour doesn’t increase the amount of work you have to do without getting additional compensation or something like that, I wouldn’t really care.