CPK

CPK - Are you an accountant, accounting prof., equity analyst or what? Keep those fine accounting answers coming…

I supplement my CFAi and Schweser readings with posts from CPK

Nope, I am a mechanical engineer by profession, have done my MBA 10 years ago from one of the premier institutions in India (IIM Bangalore). Work here as a software professional. Not an accountant, equity analyst or any such thing. Working currently in the DC area on software that helps my client produce its financials on a regular basis, month after month. That, and what I have learnt in the CFA program and my MBA happens to be my only link to finance. CP

CPK - As someone who has his CPA, and is former (adjunct asst) accounting prof I can vouch for the fact that your answers are very thorough and on point. Now you just need to add a pinch of know-it-all and a dash of snarkiness…

How about that… Great job, cpk.

Hi CPK, I recently started browsing the AF posts and it was good to see your thoughtful posts. I am also in the same boat as you. Completed Mech Engg and MBA from top 10 institutes in India (IT-BHU and SPJIMR). I am working in New York in a Rating company as software consultant. It was very heartening to know that I am not the only MBA who is coding. Can you give some advice on how to advance my career? I am appearing for CFA level 1 in June and so far the going is good. What is the best approach to move into a hybrid IT-Finance role? Thanks for your time.

CPK is a gem of a person!! I passed L1 because of him. So I better start sticking in “, CPK, CFA” once I get my charter. (And yea, balls to what CFAI has to say of any violation of CoE or SoPC on the above notation used) Kudos for such a perfect humble being!! Keep it going cpk…

I haven’t read much of him yet. But how much ever i have…i believe him to be one of the most fundamental person out here. Hats of to you CPK. I too am from IT working with one of the Investment Banks in Singapore. Just trying to get to finance which I believe is what I was made for. Keep up the good work going.