Credit Analyst Exit Opportunity

like sorry man, like totally we don’t like speak americano

oh belinda

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYdd2rrQnfk]

What the hell happened to this thread? Lol

Americans don’t really make any effort to understand different accents. It’s like some of them have a psychological barrier in place and if they’re presented with someone who pronounces words in a slightly different way they just shut down and don’t even try, similar to how so many people say they’re not good at maths. I find the accent thing to be particularly true with African Americans for whatever reason.

In terms of Indian accents: in fairness, a lot of them are dreadful and could be prohibitive for a job search. It’s terrible but that’s just how the world works. It’s the constant flow between words without gaps and the lack of cadence, not just the accent. I would recommend to anyone looking to improve on that front to try and imitate the way of speaking and not just the accent.

Listening to the soothing sounds of Sanjay…

https://youtu.be/WDFuj5CqCy8

#Enjoy

Could not agree more, they are flat out weird. I had this American girl guess I was American once. I asked her why she said that she said cause I sounded American. I’m 100 % sure I don’t speak through my nose so I have no idea how she came to that conclusion.

Yeah, I mentioned it matters how clearly you speak. Northern Indian languages are super fast and have the same tense for past and future so when people are directly translating to English it is difficult for other people to understand. The Southern languages are different.

Anyway, is it just me or do ‘Middle-Class’ people world over more or less sound the same nowadays. Aussies who went to private school sound the same as Southern British Middle Class who sound the same as Indians for whom English was the first language same as Saffers from Joburg and so on. There are differences of course but the variance is less stark

Fair point, my relatives in OZ sound more mid atlantic than Aussie, although some of them do the inquisitive tone thing.

I’m pretty impressed by the number of people in the US who instantly clock that I’m Scottish. Although I was once asked if I was French.

That’s a given since you always talk out of your arse.

#hello

that might explain why she thought i was american funny guy

Do you have a Scottish brogue? that one can be f u ckin hard to understand as well. not as bad as scouse or geordie but still hard. After a few pints it’s impossible, they’re used to it though. they say when they left Scotland they expect to repeat themselves twice or thrice lol

whats the deal with the brummie accent? are they just lazy c u nts? it’s okay to understand but why are they swallowing every word?

In order to be fair, there’s a really really big gap between those two and…pretty much everybody else on AF. (Except maybe Mobius, DoW, and Ohai.)

edit - and S2000. Duh.

Sober = Renton

Drunk = Spud

I definitely do need to make an effort to speak more clearly and I do end up repeating myself a lot. My glasweigan mate has a really hard time though but he deserves it as glasweigans sound like whiny little b_i_tches

Ohai is the man.

Did you just assume zir gender?

^ whateva. I’m fabulous!

This thread is about exit option gents and ladies.

^ It’s in the WC. Threads in the WC get the WC treatment.