Credit anecdote

Two days ago I received a notice from AMEX that my credit line on a card I’ve had for over 3 years was reduced by ~80%. Of course it came w/ the standard mass mail ‘credit reasons may or may not include….’ explanation that threw me into a panic thinking someone stole my identity and pulled some shenanigans that effected my credit. I soon realized however that there was absolutely no negative marks on my report and that they are simple clamping down on ppl having 6 figure credit lines. Ironically, within the same pile of junk mail I also has a notice of a pre-approved no limit AMEX gold. I think its interesting that a CC company is finally reconsidering if they want ppl to have the ability to charge a benz on their cards in this economic environment. Has anyone had something similar occur? I would assume that this is an across the board kind of measure- no? Might it be foreshadowing something??

I’ve been looking for anecdotes relating to farmers not being able to buy fertilizer or seed. I follow several ag chatrooms. ZERO anecdotes. They are bitching like crazy about fertilizer costs but the availability is there and the grain/corn prices support the fertilizer costs. No credit crisis that i see. I looked at short term corporate bonds yesterday… walmart, P&G, etc. had a 2.5% ytm. Credit crisis? Not unless you’re a financial stock.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I think its interesting that a CC company is > finally reconsidering if they want ppl to have the > ability to charge a benz on their cards in this > economic environment. I’ve tried that and they won’t do it. They tell you to go to a bank and get a credit card cash advance (right). > Has anyone had something > similar occur? I would assume that this is an > across the board kind of measure- no? Might it be > foreshadowing something??