Creighton U

Anyone here looked into (or working on) the Master of Sec Analysis and Port management at Creighton? They offer it online and seems pretty interesting? Any help provided is appreciated.

I am currently getting my MSAPM at Creighton. I graduate in May 2009. I am a level 3 candidate and have passed level 1 and 2 the first attempt and can attribute a lot of my success to the program. They get more in-depth than the CFA curriculum. Money well spent.

I am currently enrolled in the MSAPM program at Creighton and I am going to be graduating in May of 2009. Also, I am a Level 2 Candidate in the CFA program. I would recommend this program to anyone who is interested in obtaining their CFA designation, or anyone who is interested in learning the CFA curriculum. Professors and administrators are top notch, they are commited to the masters program, and are commited to and believe in the CFA program.

I appreciate the info. It sounds worth pursuing. Are either of you studying via the online course?

I am studying at the University but have taken online courses. All of the professors have the CFA designation and one inparticular is world renowned for CFA prep. He travels world wide during feb-may teaching prep courses. We had a meeting with the Dean and we inquired about the new online program and they assured us, who take it at the University, that they will be the same exact degree and classes. Let me know if you want any more info. I can get you in touch with a prof.

Wow, thanks. I am still just considering things. I am more concerned w/whether or not I am ready for the masters program or the CFA at all. My background and degree is in education, I was a teacher for 3 years before becoming a financial advisor. I don’t know what sort of uphill battle I face without the accting/finance/quant background. I spoke to a recruiter (of sorts) at Creighton and she assured me I am suited overall, but she needs to know more. I literally just started looking into this over the weekend. The overall questions still need to be answered…what will I do in the mean-time (my income has dropped significantly), how will I pay for school/CFA, and what will I do after graduating.

breeves. good luck and let me know if you have any further questions.