Critical Comments about CFA

Is it a violation critizing something or someone in regards to the CFA program? Or for that matter someone within the CFA??

No, as long as you don’t reveal specific questions/formulas tested on the exam.

The program is flawless. If you have any issues, it’s probably an issue with yourself.

/sarcasm

No.

as long you have REASONABLE basis for your critism, then it’s not a violation =)

/sarcasm

It is not a voilation to critisize CFA program. You are not suppose to reveal any information about CFA exams.

As per the “CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct”

“VII. RESPONSIBILITIES AS A CFA INSTITUTE MEMBER OR CFA CANDIDATE A Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program. Members and Candidates must not engage in any conduct that compromises the reputation or integrity of CFA Institute or the CFA designation or the integrity, validity, or security of the CFA examinations.”

Suppose you criticize the CFA Institute or someone associated with it, and your criticism is absurd, based on falsehoods and is slanderous, then I would say you have engaged in conduct that compromises the reputation of the CFA Instute.

I do not believe that objective and fair criticism violates the above Standard. Please note that I am an office bearer of the CFA Society of Nevada, however this post is strictly my personal opinion and nothing more.

Best,

Jayanta Sen