Critique My Fantasy Squad

My updated roster as of today:

RBs: Doug Martin, Le’Veon Bell, Jacquizz Rodgers, Pierre Thomas, Michael Bush, Kendall Hunter

WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, Stevie Johnson, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon

QB: Cam Newton

TE: Greg Olsen, Heath Miller

DEF: Kansas

Doug Martin, hasn’t been a “waste” but he hasn’t lived up to his projections and performance last season. I’m hoping the second half of this season goes much better for him. He’s basically an average RB at this point. I guess the part of this trade I was most concerned about was the idea of Phillip Rivers becoming my new always start QB. He’s been trending really well, but he is not as exciting as Cam. How do you see his season going?

Give up Cam and Gordon, get Charles and Rivers

Cam has the upside to make you look kinda bad in the worst case scenario, but Jamaal Charles is a huge weapon and I think Rivers’ trend is sustainable.

I’d probably keep Josh Gordon over Justin Blackmon, but I live in Cleveland.

If you wouldn’t mind, I’d like to get a little critique also…

This team is 2-3, and I keep trying to convince myself I need to make a move but I can’t…Classic case of just falling into unbreakable love with a roster, only to see it underperform.

QB: RG3

RB1: LeSean McCoy

RB2: DeMarco Murray

WR1: Reggie Wayne

WR2: Vincent Jackson

WR3: Danny Amendola

TE: Rob Gronkowski

FLEX: Reggie Bush

DEF: New England

BENCH: Philip Rivers, Owen Daniels, Jared Cook, Joique Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Percy Harvin, Miles Austin, Eddie Royal, Lance Moore

edit: This is a 10 team league.

Well you can drop Bradshaw and Owne Daniels for sure. Start Rivers > RG3. I think your RBs are real solid, but you need work on WR and a replacement at TE if Gronk isn’t back up. I don’t know what’s available in your free agency, but since it’s a 10 man I assume there are some decent players out there. Focus on getting another TE and maybe another DEF so you play the matchups each week.

It’s a dynasty league and I franchised Owen Daniels, so I’m unable to drop him.

Bradshaw is signed to a 1-year contract, so you’re right I can probably drop him.

I think I’m fine with starting Jared Cook in place of Gronk if need be, and it is kind of ridiculous that I already have 3 TEs anyways.

I definitely need some WR help…I just don’t know what I need to give up to get it, especially with Percy healing up on a longer term contract.

TBH, I don’t even know what a dynasty team format is. In my league this Jared Cook guy has 46.6 points with 27.6 coming in the first week. I would drop him too. I’d be pretty sure there are guys out there with more upside. I’d rather hold onto Kendall Hunter or Michael Bush in case Gore or Forte get hurt or sit a game you have a ready to go 15pt guy. I also take more risks when I pick my team. I’m more inclined to go for the younger guy or the backup to people I feel are used enough they’re at risk.

People I see as good candidates to trade or swap for free agents: Lance Moore (based soley off name, not production). He is on a team with too many weapons to be consistent. Eddie Royal (if someone would buy him) because he falls into that boom or bust category.

If it’s a long term league I could see someone like RG3 fetching value for the future implications. Can you trade him for a young WR with equal upside? I don’t know how this format works, but if I was you I would shake up the bench a lot. Keep Rivers, Bell, Daniels, Harvin and Miles. The rest are expendables.

Yes. Charles represents the new breed of RBs that can also catch. He has huge fantasy value.

Gordon has good chemistry with Hoyer. Not sure he’ll put up the same numbers with Weeden.