critique my portfolio

BRK.B long China long India North Texas municipal bonds ~4.8% QQQQ short 20+ treasuries What am I missing?

Adequate diversification?

Don;t you think BRK.B and QQQQ gives him substantial equity diversification ?

Sin stocks

Investments that are not cliches?

To each their own. Waaay more safer than my portfolio

DZZ Commodity exposure Developing and emerging financials WHERE IS AFRICA!?!

US Small Cap stocks and a put on the Texas Muni…

Systematic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > US Small Cap stocks You don’t think that run is done? I’m up almost 15% this year in my 401(k) from small cap performance.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You don’t think that run is done? > > > I’m up almost 15% this year in my 401(k) from > small cap performance. No. Operating leverage is still huge and the deal cycle is just getting started. I also still like some REITs based on supply/demand…nobody’s build much for like 3 years and replacement costs have only increased. Obviously macro factors are huge here. If you think the economy goes down again then go buy gold and treasuries.

^ I like REITS too. Limited supply. Large amounts of cash, some of them throw off decent yield too.

I’ve been long REITs for a while now. I still like them but it’s getting trickier. As long as the cost of borrowing is low they should do well. Timing is everything.

I just thought more sensitivity to the market would be better than QQQQ or BRKB, wasn’t really calling a top or bottom. Depends on the OP’s holding period too. +1 on the REITs too. Traditionally they have a much lower correlation than more “standard” asset classes. Anyone know what’s up w/ the P/E of REITs? VNQ id at 42-ish. Does the market purely value these on a cash flow only basis? Current yield is 3.5; which makes sprices seem low.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Adequate diversification? I think six is a good number. Long china and India, short treasuries, I like it.