CSK - Schweser QBank

How’d you like the QBank? I think it’s somewhat helpful. I’m through 2200 out of 2300 questions.

lol bro u crazy! I just did 20, and i found them very easy even on difficult level, so i switched to practice exams / CFAI exams. But wow, how long did it take you to go through 2.2k questions

why only somewhat? you’d think after 2200 questions you’d be able to say you’re good to go?

It’s somewhat useful in the sense that it helps tie up the loose ends, but I think the CFAI textbook questions are the real deal.

how long did it take you to go through 1,200 questions?

yes CFAI questions is the real deal. I would spend significant time doing CFAI questions and then i would do CFAI practice exams and then if you have time hit up schweser and qbank. QBank and Schweser are good for quantatative stuff Ok logging off for today. I’ll cyall tomm

CSK - you used 20 questions as your sample size and then made a judgement- sounds like you have some behaviour bias!

N<30 sample size too small :slight_smile:

Wow, must be a total fluke. I just went through 60 intermediate/advanced questions and ended up with only 5 wrong… Although these were only Portfolio Management questions… These questions must be too simple or something.

ymmt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, must be a total fluke. I just went through 60 > intermediate/advanced questions and ended up with > only 5 wrong… Although these were only Portfolio > Management questions… > > These questions must be too simple or something. Dont chose intermidiary, they are trivial. Go with advanced only. Advanced are not bad actually. Yesterday i got 2 nice eco sets and scored only 67 :slight_smile:

I actually recommend choosing basic to advanced - mainly cuz the basic are easy but good for driving home concepts, and advanced are actually challenging. Of coures, with this method you have to be prepared to do hundreds and hundreds and hunrdews and…to get through a good amount of material. you get the point.

Basic is just a waste of time IMHO, with all practice questions options available at your disposal

I actually think there is value in the basic/intermediate questions because they help you remember key points about certain things. For example, they may ask a question such as, “What is not considered an immunization risk”? a) Interest Rate Risk b) Credit Risk c) Cap Risk d) Prepayment/Call Risk This is an easy question but helps put into memory the 3 different immunization risks. PJStyles

What’st he answer PJ?

What q# is that?

it is probably A, gotta be as interest rate risk is removed during immunization :slight_smile:

The answer is actually B. If you look up the notes there are 3 Immunization Risks: 1. Interest Rate Risk 2. Prepayment/Call Risk 3. Cap Risk In cases #2 and #3, the value of the portfolio isn’t extremely uncertain with the inclusion of bonds with embedded options ie: Callable Bonds. In addition, floating rate securities with Caps also make it hard to determine their predicted/projected value, something which is important when trying to immunize a portfolio. #1 is quite straight forward as it’s discussed at lenght throughout the reading and involves Price Risk & Re-Investment Rate Risk. PJStyles

see what i mean :frowning: No more overthinking of easy questions

Ha! I knew that. I knew I answered that one among the 2250 questions I have done.

What question # is it PJ?