Current CBOK on CFAI Website

I’m a Level I December Candidate. Here’s what I see… Topical Outline CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) I. Ethical and Professional Standards A. Professional Standards of Practice B. Ethical Practices II. Quantitative Methods A. Time Value of Money B. Probability C. Probability Distributions and Descriptive Statistics D. Sampling and Estimation E. Hypothesis Testing F. Correlation Analysis and Regression G. Time Series Analysis H. Simulation Analysis I. Technical Analysis III. Economics A. Market Forces of Supply and Demand B. The Firm and Industry Organization C. Measuring National Income and Growth D. Business Cycles E. The Monetary System F. Inflation G. International Trade and Capital Flows H. Currency Exchange Rates I. Monetary and Fiscal Policy J. Economic Growth and Development K. Effects of Government Regulation L. Impact of Economic Factors on Investment Markets IV. Financial Reporting and Analysis A. Financial Reporting System (IFRS and GAAP) B. Principal Financial Statements C. Financial Reporting Quality D. Analysis of Inventories E. Analysis of Long-Lived Assets F. Analysis of Taxes G. Analysis of Debt H. Analysis of Off-Balance-Sheet Assets and Liabilities I. Analysis of Pensions, Stock Compensation, and Other Employee Benefits J. Analysis of Inter-Corporate Investments K. Analysis of Business Combinations L. Analysis of Global Operations M. Ratio and Financial Analysis V. Corporate Finance A. Corporate Governance B. Dividend Policy C. Capital Investment Decisions D. Business and Financial Risk E. Long-Term Financial Policy F. Short-Term Financial Policy G. Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring VI. Equity Investments A. Types of Equity Securities and their Characteristics B. Equity Markets: Characteristics, Institutions, and Benchmarks C. Fundamental Analysis (Sector, Industry, Company) and the Valuation of Individual Equity Securities D. Equity Market Valuation and Return Analysis E. Special Applications of Fundamental Analysis (Residual Earnings) F. Equity of Hybrid Investment Vehicles VII. Fixed Income A. Types of Fixed-Income Securities and their Characteristics B. Fixed-Income Markets: Characteristics, Institutions, and Benchmarks C. Fixed-Income Valuation (Sector, Industry, Company) and Return Analysis D. Term Structure Determination and Yield Spreads E. Analysis of Interest Rate Risk F. Analysis of Credit Risk G. Valuing Bonds with Embedded Options H. Structured Products VIII. Derivatives A. Types of Derivative Instruments and their Characteristics B. Forward Markets and Instruments C. Futures Markets and Instruments D. Options Markets and Instruments E. Swaps Markets and Instruments F. Credit Derivatives Markets and Instruments IX. Alternative Investments A. Types of Alternative Investments and their Characteristics B. Real Estate C. Private Equity/Venture Capital D. Hedge Funds E. Closely-held Companies and Inactively Traded Securities F. Distressed Securities/Bankruptcies G. Commodities H. Tangible Assets with Low Liquidity X. Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning A. Portfolio Concepts B. Management of Individual/Family Investor Portfolios C. Management of Institutional Investor Portfolios D. Pension Plans and Employee Benefit Funds E. Investment Manager Selection F. Other Institutional Investors G. Mutual Funds, Pooled Funds, and ETFs H. Economic Analysis and Setting Capital Market Expectations I. Tax Efficiency J. Asset Allocation (including Currency Overlay) K. Portfolio Construction and Revision L. Equity Portfolio Management Strategies M. Fixed-Income Portfolio Management Strategies N. Alternative Investments Management Strategies O. Risk Management P. Execution of Portfolio Decisions (Trading) Q. Performance Evaluation R. Presentation of Performance Results

Budfox, while you are correct that the CBOK is the same for all 3 levels, there have been situations in the past when some candidates with exceptional results were indirectly notified by the CFAI of their scores by giving them access to the following level materials. By no means am I saying that all the candidates in the above thread will pass the exam but we can’t discard that some of them might be among those exceptional candidates.

didn’t the same thing happen last year?

L1 candidates - it has come to my attention that I may be mistaken. i apologize. carry on and good luck.

i have alerted the cfa institute to this fact. in an effort to preserve confidentiality and intergrity of the exam, all results have been discarded. you will receive an email shortly advising of next steps. I’m sorry

this happened to me last year. i passed. so that is such a great sign!

so did we just discredit this theory? CFA_nerd has the same thing as 4Tay and they are a Level 1 dec candidate. Unless something else is being talked about having “access” to Level 2 materials?

Maratikus, I had a sneaking suspicion this was true. The CFAI Director called me personally to tell me that I have been approved to skip L2 all together and just write L3.

He is actually making that call to all candidates who passed. If you have not gotten that phone call right now, I’d say your are SOL

I have the same thing in mine, but I doubt this means anything. I mean, technically even if we pass, none of us are level 2 candidates anyway, as we haven’t signed up for it. I really really really hope I’m wrong by the way.

4Tay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I asked a colleague of mine who just wrote Level > II and she said these are definitely Level II > topics. I feel sorry for your colleague because she didn’t know what he was studying. While some of that is L2, not all of it is. There seems to be some L1 material there and some material that I’m not familiar with (must be L3).

Bellemy, you can’t be serious. Right? Please tell me you’re not serious.

CBOK is not level specific. it is the same for any level as it oulines the knowlede which you will gain or you need to gain to pass all three levels.

I see the same topics …so does that mean that we all have passed

Mine says : this is L1 for sure ********************* Ethical and Professional Standards A. Professional Standards of Practice B. Ethical Practices II. Quantitative Methods A. Time Value of Money B. Probability C. Probability Distributions and Descriptive Statistics D. Sampling and Estimation E. Hypothesis Testing F. Correlation Analysis and Regression G. Time Series Analysis H. Simulation Analysis I. Technical Analysis III. Economics A. Market Forces of Supply and Demand B. The Firm and Industry Organization C. Measuring National Income and Growth D. Business Cycles E. The Monetary System F. Inflation G. International Trade and Capital Flows H. Currency Exchange Rates I. Monetary and Fiscal Policy J. Economic Growth and Development K. Effects of Government Regulation L. Impact of Economic Factors on Investment Markets IV. Financial Reporting and Analysis A. Financial Reporting System (IFRS and GAAP) B. Principal Financial Statements C. Financial Reporting Quality D. Analysis of Inventories E. Analysis of Long-Lived Assets F. Analysis of Taxes G. Analysis of Debt H. Analysis of Off-Balance-Sheet Assets and Liabilities I. Analysis of Pensions, Stock Compensation, and Other Employee Benefits J. Analysis of Inter-Corporate Investments K. Analysis of Business Combinations L. Analysis of Global Operations M. Ratio and Financial Analysis V. Corporate Finance A. Corporate Governance B. Dividend Policy C. Capital Investment Decisions D. Business and Financial Risk E. Long-Term Financial Policy F. Short-Term Financial Policy G. Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring VI. Equity Investments A. Types of Equity Securities and their Characteristics B. Equity Markets: Characteristics, Institutions, and Benchmarks C. Fundamental Analysis (Sector, Industry, Company) and the Valuation of Individual Equity Securities D. Equity Market Valuation and Return Analysis E. Special Applications of Fundamental Analysis (Residual Earnings) F. Equity of Hybrid Investment Vehicles VII. Fixed Income A. Types of Fixed-Income Securities and their Characteristics B. Fixed-Income Markets: Characteristics, Institutions, and Benchmarks C. Fixed-Income Valuation (Sector, Industry, Company) and Return Analysis D. Term Structure Determination and Yield Spreads E. Analysis of Interest Rate Risk F. Analysis of Credit Risk G. Valuing Bonds with Embedded Options H. Structured Products VIII. Derivatives A. Types of Derivative Instruments and their Characteristics B. Forward Markets and Instruments C. Futures Markets and Instruments D. Options Markets and Instruments E. Swaps Markets and Instruments F. Credit Derivatives Markets and Instruments IX. Alternative Investments A. Types of Alternative Investments and their Characteristics B. Real Estate C. Private Equity/Venture Capital D. Hedge Funds E. Closely-held Companies and Inactively Traded Securities F. Distressed Securities/Bankruptcies G. Commodities H. Tangible Assets with Low Liquidity X. Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning A. Portfolio Concepts B. Management of Individual/Family Investor Portfolios C. Management of Institutional Investor Portfolios D. Pension Plans and Employee Benefit Funds E. Investment Manager Selection F. Other Institutional Investors G. Mutual Funds, Pooled Funds, and ETFs H. Economic Analysis and Setting Capital Market Expectations I. Tax Efficiency J. Asset Allocation (including Currency Overlay) K. Portfolio Construction and Revision L. Equity Portfolio Management Strategies M. Fixed-Income Portfolio Management Strategies N. Alternative Investments Management Strategies O. Risk Management P. Execution of Portfolio Decisions (Trading) Q. Performance Evaluation R. Presentation of Performance Results

Be careful guys. Few years ago CFA invalidated results of anybody who tried to obtain their score prior to release dates. I am not saying that just because you checked that page you score is cancelled, but it might be.

do you have any proof of that statement? It is impossible to find out your score until you see it on the screen on the release date. also, I called CFAI and that is the CBOK for Levels I, II, and III. It means nothing.

bernie_m Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Be careful guys. Few years ago CFA invalidated > results of anybody who tried to obtain their score > prior to release dates. I am not saying that just > because you checked that page you score is > cancelled, but it might be. This was 2005, correct?

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bernie_m Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Be careful guys. Few years ago CFA invalidated > > results of anybody who tried to obtain their > score > > prior to release dates. I am not saying that > just > > because you checked that page you score is > > cancelled, but it might be. > > > This was 2005, correct? Yep, invalidated their results and banned them from CFA for life. They even put them on CFA blacklist so they can never get hired in the industry. Completely unreasonable, absolute overreaction. I would say best thing to do now would be to call CFA, confess, and ask for leniency.

Anyone believing any of the crap bernie_m, etc are saying refer to this link in the Level 3 forum titled. “LOL” http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1020446,1020740#msg-1020740