D-Day = Aug 16 at 9AM

Ill be on my honeymoon on that day so regardless of whether i pass or fail i should be aight :slight_smile:

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What idiot(s) decided to drop it at the > start/middle of the week… would make so much > more sense on a Friday… either way I’d go and > get wasted. +1 weekend or not I’d go get wasted either way anyway screw wednesday

I’ll be on holidays in Cuba and from what I’ve heard internet is not easily accessable, so may not find out until the end of my holidays… may be a good thing anyway…

EEYY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > However, July 26 will be for Level 2. > > > By looking at that passing rate, we can more or > less estimate how high (or low) for Level 3. Correlation between pass rate for L2 and L3 for the last 10 years is 0,2… so we won’t know too much

When you calculate correlation between PR L2 in year 1 with PR L3 in year 2 it increases to 0,6…

I hope I will be one of these annoying guys :)) pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wifeys bday… the other annoying part > is come July 26 the boards will be flooded with > level 3 newbs with threads as " while u guys are > still here, what do u recommend using yadda yadda > yah"

Super, I will travel that day to my wife’s sister to the black sea (Russian side and I don’t speak more than “Nastrovje”) where my sister in law will marry. So I guess either case means that I have to REALLY have some discipline with all this vodka and cheering people around not to go Tucker Max. + would reflect poorly on the investment community and stuff :wink:

KlemensZabijaka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > EEYY Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > However, July 26 will be for Level 2. > > > > > > By looking at that passing rate, we can more or > > less estimate how high (or low) for Level 3. > > > Correlation between pass rate for L2 and L3 for > the last 10 years is 0,2… so we won’t know too > much however if you look into the last four years, the correlation has a trend going close to 1, and the trend is steady for some time. So PR L2 is a good hedge of PR L3 except for timing, which could be solved by rolling.

Overconfidence, representative, recency, data mining and spurious correlation. spenserzhou Wrote: > however if you look into the last four years, the > correlation has a trend going close to 1, and the > trend is steady for some time. So PR L2 is a good > hedge of PR L3 except for timing, which could be > solved by rolling.

To paraphrase Stalin, “For the candidate that fails the level 3 exam is tragedy; the passrate is just a statistic.”

KlemensZabijaka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > EEYY Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Correlation between pass rate for L2 and L3 for > the last 10 years is 0,2… so we won’t know too > much you only got 10 yrs data dude your n < 30 sorry, not valid!

bell99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Overconfidence, representative, recency, data > mining and spurious correlation. > > > spenserzhou Wrote: > > > however if you look into the last four years, > the > > correlation has a trend going close to 1, and > the > > trend is steady for some time. So PR L2 is a > good > > hedge of PR L3 except for timing, which could > be > > solved by rolling. ja ja ja jajaja

42 days.

Never not the email… wondering if maybe I forgot to fill in the identification on the exam and was considered as not having completed either am or pm of exam!!!

zoya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KlemensZabijaka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > EEYY Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > Correlation between pass rate for L2 and L3 for > > the last 10 years is 0,2… so we won’t know > too > > much > > > you only got 10 yrs data dude > your n < 30 > sorry, not valid! I think there are some statistician methodology which can deal with small sample numbers, rite? Or we can try to prove the pass rate is somehow related to normal distribution, as we have a way long time series back to 1950’s…

cpham Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Never not the email… wondering if maybe I forgot > to fill in the identification on the exam and was > considered as not having completed either am or pm > of exam!!! CFAI notices you when you forgot to sign the form. Maybe the e-mail came into your spam folder or something like that?

Good luck everyone. I can’t describe what I looked like when I learned from my email that I passed level III last year - I think I had at least one week long of feast and I probably put on 200 lbs just in one week.

Just got the date for my wife’s scheduled C-section…10.30AM on August 16…good grief!!!

I think I am going to take aug 16th off. If I fail, I don’t want to be at work and answering people who tracking my result! Guess, if I stay home, at least I can express my feeling truly… I am so nervous already, my hands are shaking…

Que Sera, Sera …