Daily Gripe

So there is a position I have been pursuing for a while and I just got a call from HR confirming my second interview for tomorrow with the schedule included. It is a very thorough interview day, meeting with varios PMs, senior analysts and the DoR. Problem is, THIS IS THE FIRST I’VE HEARD OF IT and it is in a different city than mine! Not too far, but still. So ridiculous. I told them I couldn’t do it, because, you know, I have stuff to do at my current employer and I rescheduled for later. I hope they take the rap and don’t blame it on me…

If it’s the first you’ve heard of it how’d you expect to be contacted about the second round? How did you react when you found out they wanted to interview you?

I already interviewed with them and HR thought they contacted me about second round but didn’t. I told them I would have to reschedule.

I don’t blame you. i had a phone interview from a major data provider a few weeks ago, and it was supposed to last 30 minutes. I went out of the office to find a quiet spot to talk, and the interviewer didn’t call. After 15 minutes I went back. He called 20 minutes after he was supposed to, and I had to go back outside for privacy. of course, I was on my cell phone. He then advised me that this was to be a very technical interview and I’d need pen and paper. WHAT! I was walking out on the street! I said I’d have to reschedule, and when HR contacted me later to set it up, I said I wouldn’t be able to do it as I’d have to take the day off. This is mainly because I’d had a prior interview with a complete jerk for another role, and am now completely turned off and not interested in this company at this time. In your case, they should understand that you do have a job right now and can’t just show up at the drop of a hat…