Dairy Queen

Just stopped by a DQ and noticed that they sell Pepsi products. How is this possible with Warren Buffet owning the company and his ownership of Coke?

when you control the flow of peanut buster parfaits, you can do whatever you want

Does buffet actually own Coke, or is he just an investor with significant influence?

Reggie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does buffet actually own Coke, or is he just an > investor with significant influence? Exactly.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Reggie Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Does buffet actually own Coke, or is he just an > > investor with significant influence? > > Exactly. …meaning soon we will only have a choice between ‘Coca-Pepsi’ and a generic coke? This should be an example in CFAI Econ under inefficient anomalies contributing to an imperfect market.

He owns DQ, so that means he should have some say as to who supplies the cola. However, it is possible that Pepsi offerred a better deal. I think BRK might be the biggest shareholder of KO.

BRK owns roughly 8-9% of Coke, which is somewhere around 12 Billion worth. They are the largest single holder.

I could be wrong, but some of the independent franchise owners may have some say in what cola products it uses. Just a guess… Also, the richest person I know who doesn’t work in finance, owns 3 DQ’s.

"I could be wrong, but some of the independent franchise owners may have some say in what cola products it uses. Just a guess… " good guess, Dairy Queen offers both Coke and Pepsi products; its up to the franchisee to decide what they sell in their store.