Daj

excel 2000 also works for WSP? that’s the one I have home as I never use excel outside of work.

1. thanks to all. I wont say much until I settle in, but I will say that the new role is research 2. WSP can be used with any excel version. 3. I love excel 2007 and I will never go back to 2003. 4. agree that WSP is “CFA put to practical use” Granted I have only cleared Level 1, but they need to add more modeling rigor to the cirriculum.

Hi Daj, quik question…How does the WSP prepr work like? As in, if I purchase it, I can use it for self-study as many times as I want? or does it have like a time-limit ? Thanks

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Daj, quik question…How does the WSP prepr > work like? As in, if I purchase it, I can use it > for self-study as many times as I want? or does it > have like a time-limit ? Thanks no time limit. guys, go to the site, it is a CD and model book. no time limit. You just read the book and do what book says on a boilerplate model they give you. After you do a couple, you can play around and start making your own.

sweet…thanks…yea…i am actually seriosly considering geting the 500 bucks package… and congrats on ur new gig…

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. thanks to all. I wont say much until I settle > in, but I will say that the new role is research > > 2. WSP can be used with any excel version. > > 3. I love excel 2007 and I will never go back to > 2003. > > 4. agree that WSP is “CFA put to practical use” > Granted I have only cleared Level 1, but they need > to add more modeling rigor to the cirriculum. I cannot stand Excel 2007. I need my toolbar up top to be familiar. I also require Excel not to be so goddamn slow (like Excel 2007). Are any banks even upgrading to 2007?

Seems there is a lot of confusion regarding the WSP premium package. It’s comes with 2 big volumes (Book-1: Fundamentals of Financial Modeling) & (Book-2: Valuation Modeling) and with 1 CD that just contains 3 “completed” spreadhseets. Since they are all completed, they are not much to use if you want to build it from scratch. Just follow the books page by page and you will be able to reproduce a similar kind of model at the end of the course. The books can be read as many number of times and you can play around with models in the CD and tweak them to your levels once you have a basic understanding after reading the books. Let me know if you all have any more concerns, I just bought the package and have not yet started using it due to other commitments, but looks like the ‘deal of the year’ for me!

Yo Daj, congrats on the job. monumental achievement in this job market. quick ?. what industry are you working in and how long after your final round interview before you heard the news? i had final rd for similar position last week, heard good news the next day but have only heard silence since.

iamemmittsmith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yo Daj, congrats on the job. monumental > achievement in this job market. thanks… > > quick ?. what industry are you working in and how > long after your final round interview before you > heard the news? i had final rd for similar > position last week, heard good news the next day > but have only heard silence since. not getting into details until I am actually on a payroll, etc. About 10 days after final round i heard. I would call the person who gave you the offer - how long exactly has it been. It is monday after all: heads busy, did you follow up in wiriting that you were accepting? it is not enough to accept over the phone, send a letter with your confirming the details and saying you gladly accept, etc

10 days after final round huh? so my 4 day wait isn’t so bad i guess. I had the interview last Wednesday afternoon. HR called Thursday and said they heard positive news from the dep’t head and were working to put together an offer and that I should hear by last Friday (although she hesitated when she said Friday which made me think it would likely be longer). This shop has consistently taken at least a week to get back after each round and i wouldn’t be freaking out if she hadn’t said Friday was a possibility already. I will def follow up with an email confirmation if i’m lucky enough to snag something. thanks for getting back to me. i’m like you. even after she called and said she was told to go ahead and work on an offer for me i didn’t get excited. it’s not a real job in this environment until the paycheck hits the bank account.

wait till we are on the payroll, then we throw the fiesta. good luck!

thanks dude. rec’d good news and bad today. i’m the #1 guy the analyst wants but he is being forced to interview internally. the dreaded, “interviewing internal candidates” line that doomed my last job offer after the HR woman said i’d have an offer in writing within 24 hours. good luck to you too. is the job scene in boston a little better? nyc is like 3-mile island after the bomb exploded.

Daj or dinesh, VBA covered in WSP?

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Daj or dinesh, VBA covered in WSP? nopes

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. thanks to all. I wont say much until I settle > in, but I will say that the new role is research > > 2. WSP can be used with any excel version. > > 3. I love excel 2007 and I will never go back to > 2003. > > 4. agree that WSP is “CFA put to practical use” > Granted I have only cleared Level 1, but they need > to add more modeling rigor to the cirriculum. Congrats Daj. Glad it worked out for you. Time to crush some natties…

oldmonk Wrote: > Congrats Daj. Glad it worked out for you. > > Time to crush some natties… killed guiness for hours last night near quincy market, in detox now, ramping back into “normal people hours” ugggh…

emmitt, sorry to hear about the internal mandate to hire. that is not cool. you never know, maybe the analyst likes no one inside and pitches you to get hired. it does happen. you may represent that fresh breath of air they need. in any event, if it does not work out, stay in touch with the guy since he prolly has buddies who may need help, too

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oldmonk Wrote: > > > Congrats Daj. Glad it worked out for you. > > > > Time to crush some natties… > > > killed guiness for hours last night near quincy > market, in detox now, ramping back into “normal > people hours” ugggh… Ahaa…you have upgraded. I find Guiness a bit heavy tasting most times. I like Kilkenny. Similar cream head but a bit lighter on taste.