Dealing with Failure...Shall I sign up again?

Crap, are you for real? Based on the dragon picture i thought L2 and L3 were different in scope, but similar in difficulty.

1000 Hrs on 2 exams with 2 kids. Respect.

i wouldnt waste time on videos. i watched them but i had extra time.

i did take notes. taking notes helps me but you have to do what worked for you before.

taking as many practice exams and doing EOC problems multiple times is the key IMO

you need motivational music

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0]

I wouldn’t waste time on taking notes, as many people pointed out it takes too much time and it’s not the most efficient way of studying.

I would listen to the videos when you are cooking, washing dishes, clean, basically whenever you can, to utilize every spare moment in your life.

i wouldnt waste time listening to trolls on af

I’ve answered that question before on other threads. Both are very difficult, and it depends on your skills and circumstances. (EG - I’m an accountant, so FRA at Level 2 was still relatively easy. Others say it’s the hardest thing in the entire world.) But IMO, Level 3 is harder than Level 2.

Thanks Itera. Just beat it!

Thanks for the tips NANA.

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing Stewart.

I’ve never heard about timeprep before and can do some research online…

I’d say life is short. Don’t give up on your dreams.

Click this link!

http://nerdfit.tumblr.com/image/15565288849

Its will inspire you.

fkcfa,

I wouldn’t even consider the first two attempts as a real attempt at the exam, or even as a judge of your abilities. You got married and you had a baby, and you are a mother. I cannot begin to understand how difficult all those things are in a CFA year. I’ll preface the rest of my post by saying this: unless you’re very able and can market yourself in a competitive job environment, CFA may not give you great gains. When I was a lowly L1 candidate, I wanted nothing more to be a L2 candidate. Then I got to L3 and I felt better about myself, I was almost there. Now that I’m done, it feels good, but you look up and there are still many many people ahead of you. It doesn’t end with CFA but it’s better than nothing. I read somewhere that Toronto (where I live) has one of the highest CFA charterholders per capita. It doesn’t give me a big competitive advantage. On the other side of the coin, I’m at a severe disadvantage without it. Funny how life works.

Quite honestly, I don’t know how you will juggle your husband and your baby and the CFA. I hope you have family who can look over your baby while you give it your all. I was in a similar situation when I studied for L3, my long time GF was also studying for the bar exam and we studied side by side for two weeks at the library in the final run-up. After a 12 hour day, no one is feeling romantic but it helped us bond more, value the time we had over 20 min lunches and dinners, and pushed us harder. There’s also nothing like your GF bitching at you when your’e slacking off as a motivator.

If you think you can manage your time, go for it. Take it as a fresh exam you’ve never written before. Unlearn what you have learned. Study in waves of reviews and really try to integrate the information in your though process. Really test yourself and don’t give yourself any credit unless you get the answer spot on. Accuracy is one of the most important mentalities you can imbue in yourself while studying. L2 is more mechanical so practice is key. The most important thing is not to be weighed down by previous failures but also never give yourself an excuse to fail. You will need to push the envelope in every aspect of your life and you will make sacrifices. There will be days you feel you can’t go any farther but if you’ve pushed a baby out, there’s no way this can be more painful. You don’t have to study long hours, but you do have to study effectively - make a time line. Lastly, be confident and believe in your mission, your success will depend on it. Good luck, my thoughts are with you.