Dear God -- Book 7 Exam 2

Anyone else try Exam 2 in Book 7? If the actual exam is that hard, I am going to cry during lunch.

I scored 55% in Book 7 exam 1 AM and got depressed.

cfaboston28 - what has been your approach after that?

Approach is don’t touch book 7. It doesn’t help in boosting your confidence. The problems are very tough. Infact, they are tougher than you will see in exam. If you still want to do then just do ethics from that book.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I scored 55% in Book 7 exam 1 AM and got > depressed. Exam 2 is much, much harder than exam 1. :frowning:

Book 7??? Where are you getting these Book numbers? I have Volume 1 and Volume 2 and about 3 Exams a piece in each. Am I missing something?

it is another name of book 2

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Book 7??? Where are you getting these Book > numbers? I have Volume 1 and Volume 2 and about 3 > Exams a piece in each. Am I missing something? Practice exams vol 1 = book 6 Practice exam vol 2 = book 7

I wouldn’t let book 7 (p.e. #2) bother you. It is way harder than the actual thing and much more computational. I think you time is better spent elsewhere. Shake it off boston, you got it.

I also find book 6 difficult and wanted to start the thread Dear God – Book 6 Exam 2

YeeS_Mos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SkipE99 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Book 7??? Where are you getting these Book > > numbers? I have Volume 1 and Volume 2 and about > 3 > > Exams a piece in each. Am I missing something? > > > Practice exams vol 1 = book 6 > Practice exam vol 2 = book 7 ahh yes. that makes complete sense :frowning:

can any retakers confirm that book 7 is harder or on par with the afternoon session of last years actual exam?

I took an exam in book 7 last year and got less than 50% on it. I got 70+ % on all sections except for ECON and PM which were only 5% each. The actual exam is not even close to book 7.

Hey jasonms, that’s what is freaking me out, all people are saying that the actual exam doesn’t look like Schweser practice exams, I came through a post yesterday saying that last year’s exam does not even look like the sample and mocks that had been provided by CFAI last year, I know that we are supposed to expect the “unexpectable” but to what extent?:slight_smile: how does the actual look like? Is it really too hard? Thanks! M.

Just work on selective problems in Book 7. For the rest of the time, you are better off spending time reviewing or on CFAI mock exams. P.S. Anyone actually tried the BSAS mock exams? How are they comparing to Schweser’s and CFAI’s?

Hey Eltia, I am taking the BSAS exam on 05/06 in Paris, I can tell you more at that date :wink: As far as CFAI mocks are concerned, I think that they had released only 1 exam this year, didn’t they? M.

Yes, CFAI has released only one mock exam (with both AM and PM sections) so far. I am considering getting the BSAS exam but I want to see if they would be suitable for me first. I sent a few queries to BSAS but they aren’t responding. So please let me (us) know how the BSAS one goes. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I haven’t touched any of those volume 2 exams… But let me tell you a funny thing that happened during my Level 1- Dec 2008… During the last two weeks of prep i borrowed the Volume 1 and Volume 2 from a friend who did not solve the questions, so unaware of the intensity of the toughness… Randomly i picked the Volume 2 and started solving. The scores were too bad that i got fever 2 days before the exam, just out of the fear i might fail. I traveled to singapore (there was no center in India) with a temperature above 100 and with a high dosage strip of antibiotics and some how passed, I knew i did well in the exam. Inspite of the fever i had, i decided to celebrate and booze and roam on the streets of clarke quay… the temperature used to go up again…then consume pills…celebrate again… This whole cycle went for 2 days until the pills got completed. I boarded the return flight with no more pills, the fever went up so high. The flight crew gave me some injection shot , which made me unconscious. The moment i got down the flight, i was admitted in the hospital straight away… I was diagnosed with typhoid and had to take a medical leave for one month… I would never forget the Volume 2 Level 1tests in my life… Yet not decided whether i should touch them for Level 2

stay away man!

this is funny because i was doing book 7 last year and getting consistent 55s a few days before L1. I wound up crushing the exam and until now i didnt realize that it everyone else had issues with this book.