Dear level 3,

Did passing the 2 levels help you get your dream job or it did not make any diffrence? Thank you in advance

No difference whatsoever, probably even getting a charter woudn’t change anything! and I work in the industry

why is that? is there any other hopeful tool that can help you get you foot in the door in the finance industry or all the doors are closed and may as well change career?

Ditto. The job market isn’t exactly in our favor so I hope that eventually it will pay off. It has helped me get the first interview, but I have lost out to others that have the experience. Experience trumps the charter every time.

all of my friends that graduated with non finance degree got the job they wanted, and me I am taking the CFA, thinking about getting MBA just to get the job i wanted. This is ridiculous.

ssdnola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why is that? is there any other hopeful tool that > can help you get you foot in the door in the > finance industry or all the doors are closed and > may as well change career? There is no substitute for experience. If you don’t have any, then network.

Experience + CFA = killer. Evidence backs this up.

how do you get that experience that is the question. I was not asking about portfolio manager positions i was talking just about junior analyst or research associate. And no one wants to hire, plus for junior analyst which is the entry level, and they ask for research experience, this is crazy.

^ I agree ssdnola how the heck do you get the experience if nobody gives you a chance without the exact experience they are looking for. I know everyone is going to say networking but it is easier said they done. I had trouble with this coming out of college, all the jobs wanted experience for entry level, I guess the internships help big time.

Also to get an Intern in a good research firm, you need to graduate from top 20 schools. otherwise, you get internships in accouting, audit, stuff like that but not research. Any way thank you for your responses and good luck to all of us.

Well in my case, it helped a lot. Not only I got a job in the field (though not a dream job), I got to choose among three offers. And my situtaion was more challenging because of my age. Of course, beside CFA, Lady Luck was on my side, I guess.

Theres always value in having an option… to choose your job. I) Work in a IB until you retire with insane hours 6 days a week II) Work as a relaxed golf instructor. III) Unemployed and on welfare payments for the rest of yoru life.