DEC 09 candidate status

It seems like I have soooo far to go. Completed SS8 last week (that was a struggle I tell you) and now 1/2 way through SS9 (much easier in comparison). I started studying in early August, and by my estimations I should finish within the first week of November allowing me 4 weeks of exam revision. I have set myself a target of finishing one reading per day between now and November! Looking back at the earlier readings (Economics, Quant) it seemed like they were so short in comparison to SS8 / 9. I’m hoping the sessions on asset classes will be much quicker to study :-o

Right there with you The+1Guy. And I can attest to the #)()(#*)(* happens sometimes, as I just lost a few days of studying due to travel at work. This weekend has to be productive to make me feel like I haven’t lost traction. I’m just finishing up SS8 and SS9 does look very brutal. Didn’t look ahead until I saw some of the posts here. Ethics, Quants & Econ feel like they were a lifetime ago right now.

lifes2short Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Right there with you The+1Guy. And I can attest > to the #)()(#*)(* happens sometimes, as I just > lost a few days of studying due to travel at work. > This weekend has to be productive to make me feel > like I haven’t lost traction. I’m just finishing > up SS8 and SS9 does look very brutal. Didn’t look > ahead until I saw some of the posts here. Ethics, > Quants & Econ feel like they were a lifetime ago > right now. Hey lifes2short! We had been running on parellel tracks there for a while. An unproductive week or so myself and struggling to get back into SS8 & 9. They are painful. Agree - Quants & Econ are distant memories!

Superinconsistent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey lifes2short! We had been running on parellel > tracks there for a while. An unproductive week or > so myself and struggling to get back into SS8 & 9. > They are painful. Agree - Quants & Econ are > distant memories! Hi Superinconsistent! Yes, I’ve noticed that. I’d much rather be a source of motivation for you though than to provide any comfort in where we are. Admittedly, I do find a small bit of comfort in knowing that some out there have many of the same issues I’m having in preparation for this exam (e.g. memory lapses and revising original study plans due to life’s “inconveniences”). In addition to providing a form for substantive CFA CBOK discourse, commiseration is one of the strengths of this site too. But I’ll tell you, logging on today and seeing a “7” before the number that represents the number of days left until the CFA EXAM makes me shutter a little. Because of the weight of import placed on FRA I’ve been treating it the way I did QUANTS and trying to absorb much of it the first time. I’ve got to make myself read for understanding through the remainder of SS8 and SS9 and come back to drill it in. With that in mind, I’m reading today for a minimum of 8 hours and shooting for 12 (Yesterday was not productive). Will make copies of the pages with the list of formulas later (will do that for QUANTS too when I go back to review). As far as time consumption, I see QUANTS & FRA as the two sessions that will be the toughest for me to master/remember. What’s your approach now (especially on FRA & QUANTS)? Best, L2S

I’m using the books from CFA and going in order. I’ve finished Ethics, Quant, and Econ (this week) - Just now starting SS7 Reading 29. I think the Financial Reporting is going to take me the longest to get through… I feel like I’m way behind but everyone I’ve spoken to says that I have plenty of time. I don’t know. We’ll see. Good luck all. Keep on chuggin’! Tony Dallas, TX

I’m wrapping up FRA and hoping to be done by Wednesday. Looking forward to Schweser Book 4 (Corp. Fin./Equity). Should be able to breeze through that in 1.5 weeks to give me plenty of time for Fixed Income and re-read all of the difficult topics by Nov. 1st.

Ill be done all study sessions by month end hopefully. I plan to do about 3k questions. Previous posters that passed level 1 said to do as many practice problems as possible.

I’m the last one. Just started quants but I’m doing the questions at the same time LOS by LOS. Expect to complete book one by this week end. Still a long way to go…

I’m going in order (skipped Ethics for now though) and am about to start on the last reading of SS9 (whatever is after Taxes). I’m a CPA and work in public accounting doing IFRS conversions so the US GAAP & IFRS accounting part is easy, it’s “how it affects the analyst” that takes me a little longer to think about. I’ve also been making SS exams in the Schweser software after each SS in order to get some questions in. I definitely had some slippage w/r/t my schedule – had a trip to Vegas and then stuff at work prevented me from studying for a couple weeks. I’m definitely jumping back into study mode now. I’m hoping to be done with the rest of the SS by start of November and then just review for the rest of that month. I have 2 weeks off from work before the exam too. I’m hoping that the Schweser flashcards will come in very handy for that final review phase in Nov.

Just about to finish SS16. I skipped Ethics so will have to go back to that. Quant seems like a distant memory, I doubt I remember any of it!

i’m starting SS17 tonight, but i seriously feel that anything i read for Ethics Econ or FSA is all gone. I’m afraid to start doing questions because i feel i am just bound to NOT remember stuff, which will freak me out… ugh… pressure!!! 73 days until the Dec exam!!!

Last 100 pages of last scheweser books

Need to finish AI and part of FI. Will start with the Q-bank.

SS17 is confusing, but i hope to be done soon and then qbank and more qbank…

Damn you guys are doing good. I finished FI, Econ, Corp Finance and I am doing ethics right now. Ethics is going way too slow though. Dont know what to retain and what not to.