Dec 09ers, how confident are you right now?

I’m afraid I might be overconfident. I’m only on the last book right now (did very little reviewing) and don’t feel any pressure at all, almost certain that I will pass. Already thinking about how I’m going to start preparing for level 2… Just hope I don’t get disappointed

I feel a little scared. I am about the begin the second to last study session and I feel like I still need to learn as much as possible. I am doing all the end of chapter q’s and doing fairly well on them, but I still feel like I need to bust my ass for these last 70 days…

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m afraid I might be overconfident. I’m only on > the last book right now (did very little > reviewing) and don’t feel any pressure at all, > almost certain that I will pass. Already thinking > about how I’m going to start preparing for level > 2… > Just hope I don’t get disappointed take a mock right now from a prior year, if you get anywhere close to a 70, you will murder the real thing

Ah no sure I’ll be finished in the next week or two then its practice exams/mocks/questions all the way :wink:

I feel like I’ve hit a milestone where it clicked. If I drill my weak points and qbank hard the next two months, I’ve got it. Cheers, Hank Scorpio

i’m confident because i’m almost done with reading eveythign and i still have two months, but that doesn’t say much. i’ll tell you whenever i start taking practice exams

Not nearly as confident as the lot of you. I’m not quite done with SS9 yet. I’m doing Concept Checkers with occasional Q-Bank questions right now. Hit and miss on those (as well as 90% some times and as little as 50% some times). More importantly I just feel like so much of what I’ve already studied (Quants, Ethics, Econ) has been loss since I last saw it. I’m shooting to complete review by Nov 1st and review, re-read weak areas, & mock tests for the last 30 days. Aggressive schedule, but I should have 3 weeks off in November and will be treating CFA prep like a full time job (expect to put in probably 150 to 170 hours in that 3 weeks). Here’s to hoping it “clicks” like it has for many of you. Good luck to you all.

Finished reading everything…in early sept…revising stuff now…Solving Qbank and feeling confident abt it…But still not a 100% sure that I will pass ( no1 is actually :wink: ) Cant study properly on weekends cos feel tired after workin all the week and thats got me worried… Need to give all I can in these last 70 odd days…

Guys, I will just repeat what I had mentioned in another post. You must always be over-confident about what you CAN do, but always be sceptical about your preparation level, till the very last week of the exam. Exam is still more than 2 months away. There is a lot of potential for forgetting so many things if you let yourself relax. If you are already at a comfortable level, no need to over stretch anymore, but dont relax either. Just my 2 cents.

How are you guys scoring on Qbank? I’m doing 100 questions for each section and scoring about 70%. I hope to increase this over the next 2 months.

i jumped ethics and qt bcos they are boring and i have 4 more los to finished the last book. i feel lik i cant make it i am so afraid now, its just lik the ethics and the QT are lik mount kilmanjaro. pls advice on what to do thanks guyz

varundarji Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Finished reading everything…in early > sept…revising stuff now…Solving Qbank and > feeling confident abt it…But still not a 100% > sure that I will pass ( no1 is actually :wink: ) > > Cant study properly on weekends cos feel tired > after workin all the week and thats got me > worried… > > Need to give all I can in these last 70 odd > days… Varundarji, how many hours study do you do per week?

I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfagoal2 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m afraid I might be overconfident. I’m only > on > > the last book right now (did very little > > reviewing) and don’t feel any pressure at all, > > almost certain that I will pass. Already > thinking > > about how I’m going to start preparing for > level > > 2… > > Just hope I don’t get disappointed > > > take a mock right now from a prior year, if you > get anywhere close to a 70, you will murder the > real thing Hey, Do you guy’s know is there any way to get the previous year Mock Exam for free? Thanks.

Abbacfa, Don’t worry about ethics it’s a piece of cake. Quant is just a lot of memory work.

I still have to finish readin FRA n economics and not so sure abt others as welll… lesse how it goes…

hi all, i registered myself on 24th August 09 and started prep from 5th Sept. I have finished my first round of studies today with concept checkers and 60% comprehensive questions. Expecting to start 2nd round from day after tomorrow and finish it by 5th Nov. and then last 1 month is just practice exam. Plan seems aggressive but have no choice, hope this works. I have an engineer with no finance background. Thanks all.

ikriskst, Mann u completed the whole stuff in 10 days… Dude tell us mann…hiow could u manage it ? Even Im from an engineering b/g… btw, I registered in March and started studying immediately…right Im in to my 1st revision and solving Qbank simaultaneously

Sounds like he completed it in 32 days (not 10 days), yet that is still quite impressive in my view. Ikristkt, finance background or not, with that type of time and dedication I’d give you a decent shot, depending on how well you’re absorbing the material. Good Luck.

About … 90% sure that I will pass now theres only 2 weeks left

I’m very confident now. Done all I can, and its showing in my scores now. If the exam goes okay ill start preparing for LII right after.