Dec Results

Reverse Countdown begins.

10 days to go blush

Same happened with me… My heart was in my mouth when I opened Gmail and saw CFAI Results… I was like WTF, I didn’t even peek in anybodys sheet…

At my Level 1 exam in December I noticed many empty chairs around me(There was no one sitting on my right,left and rear seat). So Does CFAI include these people when result stats are shown?

No shows are not included in the pass rates released by CFAI

Scared and wud be surprised if not passed …Time when we know where we stand comes at 9 am 22 January… afraid to open email from now … Happy to live without results … i hope if time were endless before results then we cud have never seen Jan 22 in centuries. I hope this cud have been possible or if not then i pray alternative that we pass. … now waiting …

HAHAHAHA I EXACTLY SHARE THE SAME FEELINGS :smiley: (except that I am not as confident as you, in fact passing is like a dream which may not come true :frowning: ). This brightened my day though. It feels good when u know that you are not the only one who is almost sh**** his pants.

so what? 1st of all investmentrookie is correct. 2nd of all let’s assume the pass rate was 50+% (as it is for level 3), the only thing which matters is you hitting the MPS regardless of what percentage is the pass rate.

What’s the guess on the MPS? I’m hoping c65 and I’ll be reasonably confident of a pass…If it’s 70…I’m thinking oh dear!

I’m quite nervous with the build up…I really can’t be bothered to sign up to L1 again in June!

if a person score below 50 in eco , but overall 70+ will he pass ?

yup

Relax guys, it can’t be that bad, I’m sure. Remember, you can get as much as 70 questions wrong and still pass

thanks alladin smiley

I am sooooooo nervous! I did my exam in London. I think the morning exam is more difficult. I only did revision for 2.5 month but I studied everyday from 6:30 - 11:30 p.m. and weekends 10a.m-10p.m so hopefully I can pass. However, I was surprised to find quantitative methods is more difficult than I think. I used to get 70%+ for quantitative methods but I doubt I can get in the exam.

vicky I have seen matrices with people failing 3 topics (small ones obviously) and still pass the exam. you are aloud to get about 72 or more questions wrong. Now even if you don’t answer any of the FRA questions but compensate for it in all other sections you will still pass.

ditto that. There was not a single mock exams where I got less than 70 in quants. Yet I wouldn’t be surprised if i scored less in quants in the actual exam.

Technically possible only if you are sure of getting 100% in all other sections

I found ECONOMICS mighly tuff

well not really. As I mentioned, you can have 72 questions wrong (maybe even a few more depending on the MPS) and still pass. Consdiering that there are only 48 questions in FRA you still can make 24 mistakes. Infact I would go as far as saying you casn answer zero questions on FRA and Economics (or equity). THEN you need to get 100% on everything else.

Found the econ in morning session tough (infact found morning session in general tough). However i feel the evening econ compensated for the morning.

me too! Eco is my weakest area! I talked to a few friends who too the exam in London and found out the London candidates in general feel morning is more difficult.