December 2008 Level 1 anybody?

Hey…im sitting for the exam in december 2008 in bangkok…just wondering if anyones started studying yet? is it too early?..am i being paranoid?

Depends how much you know.

in addition to what JDV has said, people would right now be studying for the June exam on the forum. People for the December exam will make their appearance only after July 2008, when the June exam results are announced and out.

If you have no finance background then its never too early to start studying, just be carefull you dont burn out too early before the exam is due.

My materials arrived Friday and I am starting today. (For Dec 2008)

I just signed up over the weekend for Level 1 and will start hitting it once the materials arrive.

I have a finance background, and have already started for the Dec. exam.

Sitting for the December exam. I got the schweser premium package and the CFAI material last week and have started studying. I haven’t been studying hardcore yet but am easing my way into it. Ethics so far seems ok but it’s kind of boring. The schweser material is actually not so bad from what i see, it doesn’t seem to leave much out from the CFAI material. Then again i just started so i could be wrong. Good luck studying everyone.

I received my materials in the beginning of February and I have started to slowly pour over all of the material. I will be sitting for the December exam in Beijing. I am currently pursuing an MBA in Northern China and will be traveling extensively throughout Asia until the exam. If any of you are in Asia I would love to meet up with you and chat finance. I look forward to future discussion, Matt

I’m getting my materials next week. I already got Schweser and studying lightly into in and working or more concepts than theoritical part of it. I do have a background in finance but I feel its never too early to start. Will be more active with after June I guess :wink:

why would one buy schweser for… is it that important???

Anybody for the 2012 Olympics? On a related note, I think in about 15-20 years Tom Cruise’s kid is going to be hot. If I want to date her then, what should I do now to prepare?

I’m scheduled the Dec test, almost done with the first book. Been reading both Stalla and CFAI at the same time. Some subjects Stalla goes over better than CFAI text and vice versa. Might as well take my time while I have it

mwillsj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I received my materials in the beginning of > February and I have started to slowly pour over > all of the material. I will be sitting for the > December exam in Beijing. I am currently pursuing > an MBA in Northern China and will be traveling > extensively throughout Asia until the exam. If any > of you are in Asia I would love to meet up with > you and chat finance. > > I look forward to future discussion, > Matt mwillsj, I’ll sit for June ‘09 in Hanoi. Without any finance background, i have joined this forum since Jul’ 07 and find out the forum is very helpful. I’ll show you around Hanoi if you have chance come visit it during yr extensively tour :slight_smile: Contact me at thuthuy219ftu@gmail.com before starting yr tour to Vietnam

I have registered for Dec 2008 exam couple of days back, CFAI text is on the way. Since I don’t have much of finance background, I would start warming up now!

Hey guys, There was thread started long back for Dec Level 1 2008. I guess we have a group in Yahoo for this level1cfa2008@yahoogroups.com. Sign up for this as well incase you are interested. Have started with Stalla real slow paced :). Ethics is only theory and hence makes me even slower. Let me know if we can make reading theory more interesting may we can have a quiz :slight_smile:

http://www.esnips.com/webfolder/3f0b382f-d317-4d73-acd9-303caf45a524 download material from here…

Hi, I’m also writing in Dec 2008. How do I join that Yahoo group listed above?

Go to Yahoogroups and search for level1cfa2008@yahoogroups.com. You will find a link that says Join This group, click on it and then fill in some details to join.

Kudrinketh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you have no finance background then its never > too early to start studying, just be carefull you > dont burn out too early before the exam is due. have to agree with this it’s always good to start early… but be VERY VERY carefull of burning out before the exam is due… this is CRUCIALLY important as well… you need the same “umph” before the exam as well when you start to open book 1