december exam

guys what books should I buy… I am plannin to buy schweser notes(1-6 books and the question bank) where will I get the sample papers from…and how bout Q bank do they come with solved questions…

I am registered for the june exam, and have just finished book 1. I work full-time and have some finance background. For all you people who are not sure about June- you still have alot of time to go over the material. If you can’t manage to study during weekdays (like myself) try to get it done over the weekend. Two days with 7-8 study hrs/day can make up for that lost time.

hopeful231 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bluey 1.8T Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > im sure everyone does… i sat for the Dec 2007 > > exam for the same reason… > > > > depends when you start studying i guess > > Guy did u pass yes, i passed =)

hey btw55555 how are u finding the CFAI material…is it easy to grasp concepts and hope its not full of too much materail which u don need(thats wat I heard) and where are you practicing the questions. did you buy any question bank to practice

the cfai material is very good. Much better than my undergrad stuff. It is very good. I am also reading the stalla study notes which is located on the passmaster qbank cd. THe cfai is much better. In my opinion everyone should read the cfai. I should not say that it is better or worse than the stalla. I will say that they are very good together. THe cfai is more detailed and explains things much better, but after you read the cfai if you read the stalla you can really understand. The stalla is a quick version of the material and to me it does not explain it very good but instead reinforces the material (which is what it was designed to do). In my opinion, you need the cfai with the stalla or some other sourse to fully understand the concepts. If you want to be good, you should read the cfai sections first and use the stalla exam for each section. I am not sure about other qbanks, but the stalla cd has tests for each reading that really teaches the concepts much better than the readings. It makes you work the problems in many ways. I really like it. My study approach is to use the cfai books and the pasmaster cd (which includes the stalla study notes on the CD) you can not print the study notes but you can read all of them as you take the test. this approach is the cheepest way. I only had to purchase the stalla cd for about 300 dollars. I also work all the problems at the end of each chapter. but i do that after i work the passmaster test for that section. BUt the answer is to the question that no there is not alot of unecessory stuff on the cfai material. It is a complete study approach. I prefer to study in this way for further my education.