December exams harder than June exams?

Is that true?

Looking at the statistics, looks like the December exam has a lower pass rate.

I may be somewhat biased, but my experience was that December’s exam was much harder…Especially in FRA

I’ve heard the December exams are harder. From the CFAI’s perspective I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a benchmark pass rate they attempt to control year-over-year, based on June results. I would also take into account the time of year as a major distraction for some.

Based on my experience of the two test: Difficulty of 10 being the highest Dec 09 Morning 6 Afternoon 8-9 June 10 Morning 6-7 Afternoon 7-8 I guess it’s all even, at least in my opinion.

The general consensus is that the Dec exam is relatively harder esp the FRA section. btw been a lurker for 3 months. Just registered and in finally. My L1 went well. Hope I pass :slight_smile:

I don´t think there is any sense in discussing whether or not the L1 exam in December is harder. You have to be prepared for the worst, that´s about it… :wink: Daniel www.financial-exam.com

t0 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Based on my experience of the two test: > > Difficulty of 10 being the highest > > Dec 09 > > Morning 6 > Afternoon 8-9 > > June 10 > > Morning 6-7 > Afternoon 7-8 > > I guess it’s all even, at least in my opinion. Good luck on level 2 if you think that the level 1 test can be a 8-9…just sayin’

CFA Jay Wrote: > Good luck on level 2 if you think that the level 1 > test can be a 8-9…just sayin’ Yes, it’s a long way to go… my personal strategy for passing is GETTING LUCKY!!! hopefully micrale will happen =>

There’s absolutely zero evidence to suggest that this hypothesis is true.

I don´t think there is any sense in thinking on whether or not Dec. exams are harder or easier. Just try to prepare as good as you can. Daniel Lambert www.financial-exam.com