Decisions, Decisions

I’d do B. While you’re working do C and D. It also depends how old you are. If you’re 30+ I’d do A.

I have my private pilots license and rarely ever use it. The rental regulations at most airports are much stricter than the government regulations and as such if you dont go up in any given month then the rental agency makes you do a safety check and that costs several hundred dollars, then it costs several hundred anytime you go up… I could do it when my dad was paying but now that I work i feel bad spending his money.

We have our own private airport here on my company’s campus, plus they pay for all the fuel and offer very inexpensive rates to fly even after training. But I hear you, I’m not sure that I would want to keep financing this expensive hobby if I leave the company and have to pay for this stuff on my own. That’s actually a big reason why I’m interested in getting my pilot’s license; this is probably the only time I’ll be able to do so without spending a fortune. And to Kant, I’m 22 years old, so time is on my side regarding waiting a few years to enroll at a top MBA program (presuming that I could, in fact, be accepted).

ca-cbv-cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have my private pilots license and rarely ever > use it. The rental regulations at most airports > are much stricter than the government regulations > and as such if you dont go up in any given month > then the rental agency makes you do a safety check > and that costs several hundred dollars, then it > costs several hundred anytime you go up… > > I could do it when my dad was paying but now that > I work i feel bad spending his money. Cant you join a flight club to use planes whenever? I am thinking about getting mine.