Deeply Unethical Person

On other thread, some people claimed that I am a deeply unethical person for claiming to be black for purpose of getting a scholarship. I would diagree - nowehere in the CFA code of Ethics does it state that you cannot claim to be black. So I would like to clear my name once and for all by disproving any other unethical issues I may have: Issue/Defense: 1) My resume is not very factual : Everybody lies on their resume, C’mon? 2) I cheated on my gf with her friend : She was very hot. And Puerto Rican. 3) I go along with my company manipulating financial statements: I learned how to manipulate financial statements from CFA L2 curriculum 4) I vetoed hiring an employee because he volunteered at a church and put it on his resume: I was worried it might have been kkent Does anybody else have any unethical things hey may have done?

+1 for the kkent slam. BTW, you can not be held responsible for the other thing, she hot Puerto Rican, C’mon.

Your girlfriend is a friend of Sonia Sotomayor? Far out.

You are right, there is nowhere in the CFA handbook say you can’t claim to be black for scholarship, however, it does say that (in a broader sense), consider the reaction from public if your action is in the news. If you think such action can be well received once disclosed to public, go for it.

The CFA code of Ethics does not forbid the rape of baby pandas either. Is that ethical?

bernie_m Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2) I cheated on my gf with her friend : She was > very hot. And Puerto Rican. > Does anybody else have any unethical things hey > may have done? When you cheated, did you have your socks on, or were you in the different zip code…old college rules applied. If so, that is not cheating.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are right, there is nowhere in the CFA > handbook say you can’t claim to be black for > scholarship, however, it does say that (in a > broader sense), consider the reaction from public > if your action is in the news. If you think such > action can be well received once disclosed to > public, go for it. I think it comes down to the dishonesty and how that can reflect on your personal and professional reputation.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You are right, there is nowhere in the CFA > > handbook say you can’t claim to be black for > > scholarship, however, it does say that (in a > > broader sense), consider the reaction from > public > > if your action is in the news. If you think > such > > action can be well received once disclosed to > > public, go for it. > > I think it comes down to the dishonesty and how > that can reflect on your personal and professional > reputation. Very true. Actually the whole story about a scholarship is funny. I was applying to every scholarship out there, writing essays , etc - I did not notice that the organization that was sponsoring the contest had “National Association of African American something” in the name, since it was abbreviated NAA… I was quite surprised at the awards ceremony when I was the only person there who was white. It actually never said that you had to be black to get the scholarship, and they never asked me my race. I guess most white people just did not apply.

In that case it seems that there were no stipulations excluding specific races and it would seem that you did nothing wrong.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In that case it seems that there were no > stipulations excluding specific races and it would > seem that you did nothing wrong. I know, but I always brag about how I got black scholarship.

bernie_m Wrote: > Very true. Actually the whole story about a > scholarship is funny. I was applying to every > scholarship out there, writing essays , etc - I > did not notice that the organization that was > sponsoring the contest had “National Association > of African American something” in the name, since > it was abbreviated NAA… I was quite surprised at > the awards ceremony when I was the only person > there who was white. It actually never said that > you had to be black to get the scholarship, and > they never asked me my race. I guess most white > people just did not apply. hahah funny indeed

bernie_m Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > In that case it seems that there were no > > stipulations excluding specific races and it > would > > seem that you did nothing wrong. > > I know, but I always brag about how I got black > scholarship. I’d probably do the same.

bernie_m Wrote: > Very true. Actually the whole story about a > scholarship is funny. I was applying to every > scholarship out there, writing essays , etc - I > did not notice that the organization that was > sponsoring the contest had “National Association > of African American something” in the name, since > it was abbreviated NAA… I was quite surprised at > the awards ceremony when I was the only person > there who was white. It actually never said that > you had to be black to get the scholarship, and > they never asked me my race. I guess most white > people just did not apply. Oh yeah! 100% with you there.

And I’m 110% with you!!

Your handle is “bernie_m” and those are your top 4 unethical acts?

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pics or it didn’t happen. h t t p ://t i n y u r l. c o m/n2r7fx Enjoy.

Cool story, Hansel.

Nice. Yes, +1 for the kkent slam. That was clever. This thread has got me interested in raping a panda.

buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The CFA code of Ethics does not forbid the rape of > baby pandas either. Is that ethical? How can touching up something so cute and cuddly be wrong? Just tell the policeman that the panda consented whilst you were sharing a plate of bamboo