Definitely negotiate salary

nolabird032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do we have liter-a-cola? What do we have? Green Mountain Coffee?

Soda gives me gas.

Wells Fargo?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congratulations! > > The amazing thing about your posts, is that on the > surface you appear just an average guy from an > average school with average scores and average > paper-pushing job at a Government owned factory > somewhere, but somehow, in this incredible job > environment with people asking everyday for advice > to how to make it in this “Dead market” you manage > to keep changing jobs and somehow move up. How do > you do it ? Have some Mercy on the dude,lol.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congratulations! > > The amazing thing about your posts, is that on the > surface you appear just an average guy from an > average school with average scores and average > paper-pushing job at a Government owned factory > somewhere, but somehow, in this incredible job > environment with people asking everyday for advice > to how to make it in this “Dead market” you manage > to keep changing jobs and somehow move up. How do > you do it ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

^ I knew that would definitely make you happy.

^ not as happy as knowing you will think of the username “sublimity” and imagining a faceless internet poster mooning you at your wedding. I am planting the seeds of in your subconscious as you read: my mooning you right before the moment you say “I do” at your wedding - you will break out in a grin or a little chuckle. Either way, I am reaching out via internet to pwn you right before saying “I do.” Muhahahahahah…muhahahahha. ( | ) (edited, as usual)

^ Keep dreaming. Infact I may invite you to the event.

Kkent. how did you go about asking for more? Were you like “I think im overqualified, can I have more?” how, exactly, did you ask for more?

LPoulin133, You don’t happen to be into Subarus by chance do you? Sorry for the hijack. Resume previous hijack.

legacy01 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LPoulin133, > > You don’t happen to be into Subarus by chance do > you? > > Sorry for the hijack. Resume previous hijack. I’m not so current anymore, but I used to be fairly involved. Looking for info. or do we know each other? And yes, “off-topic” is an understatement for this thread.

haha, we know each other, at least over nasioc we are fellow Gurus. I’ll IM you next time I see you on AIM if you still have the same name so as to preserve anonymity. Small world!

legacy01 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha, we know each other, at least over nasioc we > are fellow Gurus. I’ll IM you next time I see you > on AIM if you still have the same name so as to > preserve anonymity. Small world! Ha, I think I know who you are…shoot me a PM on nasioc I’m rarely ever on AIM.

lol wtf?

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kkent. how did you go about asking for more? Were > you like “I think im overqualified, can I have > more?” > > how, exactly, did you ask for more? I am by no means an expert, so I’ll just tell you what I did. Since virtually all of our out-of-office contact was by email, I sent in an email stating that I was really excited about the opportunity and that I was ready to hit the ground running very soon. Then I politely said, “however, my present compensation is this…etc. and I’m not sure that it is prudent at this point to accept [$].” He responded and said that he understood my predicament and that he would go talk to his managers about additional options. An hour or so later he called me on the phone and outlined the new offer. I think it also helps if you are presently employed, have a good title, and are not desperate. Also, I acted SUPREMELY professional throughout the entire process, to the point where I’m not sure I recognized myself. Anyway, just ask politely, explain the situation, and if you’ve done your job in the interview process and are actually in-demand, they will respond in kind. But that’s based on a sample size of 1.

One thing I have always liked about kkent(despite disagreeing on many issues) - he is honest with himself and his views. And that helps alot.

many Special Olympians are pretty honest with their views

^ That is crude.

i’m pretty honest with myself and my views, it helps out “alot”

I would be more careful using examples related to disability to make a point.