Definitely negotiate salary

I was offered an incredible job on Friday but with not the pay I was expecting. All I did was ask for more and I got more than a 14% bump plus sign-on bonuses. So definitely negotiate if given an offer and don’t just take the first thing you get. That’s my wisdom for the day.

congrats on the new gig and extra cash. What are the “incredible job” duties?

Congrats Kkent I have been told that most of the time a salary is negotiable up to 10 percent, and that employers see that someone who negotiates as a positive trait. What are you doing now?

what government agency are you moving to?

Agreed, you can’t get what you don’t ask for. 2 of the 4 offers I’ve countered on did I actually get something more in the form of sign-on bonus, salary, benefits, etc.

im assuming dont negotiate if its an entry-level gig? TIA

you can negotiate that as well. even a job title is negotiable

Congrats dude. Your moving up the ladder at the pace of Tony Montana.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what government agency are you moving to? The commercial capital group of one of the strongest banks in the nation. Glad you’re still around. FYI, the salary still isn’t fantastic, so I’m definitely not bragging. I’m going for the contacts and the prestige of the firm. But really this post was about negotiating salary, not about my job. LOL. But thanks for asking, fellas.

Double post.

atta boy, build the base and move onto better things

Congratulations! The amazing thing about your posts, is that on the surface you appear just an average guy from an average school with average scores and average paper-pushing job at a Government owned factory somewhere, but somehow, in this incredible job environment with people asking everyday for advice to how to make it in this “Dead market” you manage to keep changing jobs and somehow move up. How do you do it ?

Is this with the Nigerian govt by any chance?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congratulations! > > The amazing thing about your posts, is that on the > surface you appear just an average guy from an > average school with average scores and average > paper-pushing job at a Government owned factory > somewhere, but somehow, in this incredible job > environment with people asking everyday for advice > to how to make it in this “Dead market” you manage > to keep changing jobs and somehow move up. How do > you do it ? You are the best at giving back-handed compliments. Perfectly executed. “Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this… and totally redeem yourself!”

^^ lol One of the great movies

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Congratulations! > > > > The amazing thing about your posts, is that on > the > > surface you appear just an average guy from an > > average school with average scores and average > > paper-pushing job at a Government owned factory > > somewhere, but somehow, in this incredible job > > environment with people asking everyday for > advice > > to how to make it in this “Dead market” you > manage > > to keep changing jobs and somehow move up. How > do > > you do it ? > > You are the best at giving back-handed > compliments. Perfectly executed. > > “Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly be any > dumber, you go and do something like this… and > totally redeem yourself!” I’ve learned to take whatever I can get.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KJH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > what government agency are you moving to? > > > The commercial capital group of one of the > strongest banks in the nation. Glad you’re still > around. > > FYI, the salary still isn’t fantastic, so I’m > definitely not bragging. I’m going for the > contacts and the prestige of the firm. But really > this post was about negotiating salary, not about > my job. LOL. But thanks for asking, fellas. Awesome. But I hear that CIT phased out their free sodas recently. Perhaps you can re-negotiate salary on that basis.

I don’t think Citi falls under the umbrella of strong.

and I don’t think CIT is the same as Citi©…but I love free soda wherever it is.

do we have liter-a-cola?