Defunked Companies

So my dad was cleaning out my grandfather’s house and found some old stock certificates. Most of them are Canadian oil exploration companies from 1960-1980. Where can I find out what happened to these companies? If anyone has access to some site and has 10 minutes to kill the companies are: The Mineral Exploration Corporation LTD Titus Mining & Exploration LTD Maycor Mines Limited Dynaco Resources LTD Portfield Industries Inc. Thanks

I don’t know about those companies but I have some socks that need defunking.

I just ran them through SEDAR and it turned up nothing but I could only go back to 1997. You might try SEDI and google?

Old stock certificates are certainly funkadelic, if not parliamentary.

While you’re at it please check Rhinestone Jeans Inc. I believe the CEO’s name was Disco Stew. I think they were acquired by J. Crew, so while they’re defunked at least they aren’t defunct.

While looking at my family documents, I found that my grandfather had a bunch of stock certificates from a bunch of oil companies from the 1920s. All of these companies went under, but it was interesting to imagine him thinking through “should I get this; how much money am I going to make?”

I got one of them for you - Google says Portfield changed its name to Canmine Resources, mining cobalt and nickel, and then in 2003 they were ordered to liquidate by a judge in Ontario. Edit: They are giving you grief because you mean “defunct”

I guess google’s my best option. I’m sure there all worthless now but I’ll do some research when I have some free time.

Also, I am grateful to your grandfather for continuing to have faith in me and buying those stocks from me. There were a whole bunch of other ones that we put together and with your grandfather’s financing we were able to employ lots of “secretaries” and buy a shovel. We went on some fine mineral exploration trips too and usually brought the shovel.

bring in the noise, bring in the de-funk

E-Boogie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > While you’re at it please check Rhinestone Jeans > Inc. I believe the CEO’s name was Disco Stew. I > think they were acquired by J. Crew, so while > they’re defunked at least they aren’t defunct. good one.

Old stock certificates may have become collectible items.

yep, sell them on e-bay.