Deleted

Deleted

i took it in the U.S. and it is identical

Interesting. So the Asia exam might not be the same as the US exam? Why don’t you write to CFAI and ask if they can confirm/deny your allegation.

The CFA program is not fair game. It’s a game of: I hope to god the stuff I studied lands on the exam, and gets me enough points to pass.

Deleted

Deleted

I’m not sure about this, but I seem to recall that CFA issues different versions of the test, for all levels, to prevent cheating- I think they change some questions and also the order of other questions . . . there are different versions in every test center, and what version you get is just the luck of the draw.

Yes, I also felt the same. I remembering dealing with different VAR ques & Institutional IPS ques,

Deleted

+1…In most of the Asian countries (including India) it happens on Sun than Sat. Probably this is the reason why they changes their questions apart from order…

Deleted

From a practical perspective, I don’t think it’s necessarily unfair if the exam varies by region. People tend to stay in the same country for jobs. For instance, I am probably never going to move from the US to Singapore. So, it doesn’t matter if Singapore CFA people get an easier or harder test. I am not going to compete with them for jobs anyway.

Does it really matter if it is the same or not? It is ex-post stuff , nothing you can do about it. What matters is you get some practice and that is actually better if you haven’t seen the stuff before. Then its truly ex-ante for you.

Deleted

Deleted

Now you are starting to get annoying. First, you’ll never be able to prove anything so, if you want to b*tch and moan about it and threaten to quit the program, go ahead. There’s a small little violin playing only for you. None of the other 22,000 candidates are going to care you think it’s “an unfair game” or quit because of your rants

If you want the charter, then you have to play the game no matter how “rigged” the game is.

And let’s say you are right, and everything you described is correct. Isn’t saying exactly what was on the exam you took a violation? Ring any bells?

It’s already published, man. What am I revealing?

But, okay, you’re right. Since I don’t need this charter, I don’t need to play their rigged game. (I’m 44, I was in this game for a challenge, not the charter. I really don’t need one.)

Thanks for that enlightment.

And a little piece of friendly advice. If you find anything annoying on the Net, just ignore it. Don’t waste your breath over it.

Bye bye CFA.

If you want to go out in style, first get your charter then do this:

http://dealbreaker.com/2010/03/let-it-be-known-the-cfa-will-not-have-its-name-tainted-by-images-of-taints/