#deleteUber?

Well they probably would have reported it, I’m guessing.

That would have made you feel better if it was your family member? Mom’s dead, but at least they reported it. Time to grab my bongos and get back to the protest.

Why does there need to be a hero of inconvenience? The inconvenience of thousands of people cumulatively is already very inconvenient.

Sir, you said the MSM wouldn’t touch on that stuff. I showed you an example of reporting about the effect on innocent people getting caught up in protests. I’m not really sure why we’re talking hypotheticals, this was something that actually happened and was reported on objectively and the Globe is as MSM as it gets.

I said “I suspect the mainstream media will never report on the little old lady from Omaha who jumped on the first available flight when she found out her sister had a stroke, only to arrive at the hospital 10 minutes after her sister died alone because she couldn’t get a cab, never heard of Uber or Lyft, and was afraid to ride the subway.”

Nice try with another false equivalent though.

It is extremely unfortunate that nobody helped that lady to find an alternative way of getting from the airport in a timely manner. It shouldn’t have happened as there are many options besides the yellow cabs

Now what about that 12 yo girl (I won’t find the link now) with the GC that can’t come back to here to her parents because of the ban? That’s no big deal right?

It’s a s#show and people have the right to strike no matter how much of the inconvenience anyone thinks that is.

On an original port, I don’t get why it bothers anyone that somebody decided to not use Uber. It’s their right to use or not use their service

Wait, that actually happened and they didn’t cover it?

It’s a huge deal. The ban is moronic and its implementation beyond moronic. That, however, does not make it okay to screw with other peoples’ lives to make a point. I applaud the people who are going to the airports and making their opinions known. That’s called freedom of speech and I would support it even if I didn’t agree with them. If the cabbies feel so strongly about the issue though, they should join the protesters when their shifts are over.

All you picket line crossers are crying about inconvenience of someone taking a cab/uber? What about those people inconvenienced because of President Trump’s ill advised executive order? How about those people delayed at an airport or sent back to original point of destination? How about those people inconvenienced even though they have legal paperwork (Greencard) to be here?

Talk about screwing with other people’s lives! President Trump screwed with other people’s Greencarded lives.

^I don’t think anyone here is intentionally ignoring these people’s plight either. We’re simply saying that inconveniencing others that have little to nothing to do with Trump’s EOs doesn’t really help one’s cause. You’re just going to piss more people off.

#exactly

Maybe stop talking in hypotheticals and just own the fact that you’re pissed off.

Well I wasn’t at an airport or stuck without a ride so I’m not pissed off. I think Trump’s EO ban is pretty awful and not likely to achieve the intended goal so I’m not happy about it. Though, I’m not about to block a doorway to make a point.

^You’re not going to block a doorway to make a point but someone else decided to block a doorway to make a point and you have to respect it as long as it’s legal and not obstructing emergency vehicles or emergency workers from doing their jobs.

You should be lucky that you live in a country where protesting is legal and also that you’ve never been in a situation that your government has never enacted a policy that screws with your life.

^I certainly respect their right to protest. However, I don’t respect their perceived “right” to force others to indirectly participate in their protest (i.e. that UBER should not be free to provide it’s services because they are interrupting a strike).

You’re not separating the reason for the protest (Trump’s ban, which I object to) from the desired structure of the protest (grab everyone’s attention via disruption, boycotting, and other means) and thus justifying their actions.