Demographics inquiry

Given the reported vast majority of Asians (Indians, Chinese, etc.) on test day, it is worth finding out the various demographics that make up analystforum. It is also obvious the amount of tension found in each post and response. So is analystforum comprised mostly of a faceless group of Asians constantly on edge due to the stress involved in passing these exams? Does the CFAI produce a demographic breakdown of candidates in the United States?

lol …for a change someone is tensed for a different reason now ! Not sure how will it help you if CFAI says there are 80% asians. (or for that matter 20%) , will this mean that you will not give the test? Does it affect your passing? Will you generalize from such a small sample that asians can’t hold their nerves on competitive exams? Will you then conclude that those no shows and walkouts in second half are then non-asians because they took it too lightly? asians are more because we are MORE …chill !! Go ahead make the poll… Happy to learn of any conclusions if it is significant. Even if it generalizes that an Indian is likely to crack before an exam, I know that I won’t. Waiting for the result may be…ha ha. But if there is anything you can do is to ask your government to pressure the Indian govt to start a 1 child policy. Desperately needed for India, for indians and for the world ! lol ! If presure does not work just bribe our leaders ! FYI …i am an Indian giving level 1 and yet to sincerely start reading. Not tensed… Drop in the ocean, may be? does it matter, don’t think so. I have seen some other snide remarks on Indians and asians on this ‘analyst’ forum. Brown is the new Black it seems. But everyone should be allowed to express their view. And if brown is irritating you …then go ahead. make the comment. Smart ones like me will pick it up, to match up to global standards. Don’t care for the rest of my race if they don’t ‘gloablise’. I know i get irritated by much of what my country men do abroad - oblivious to norms !

Uhmm, what??

Think I over reacted, poor pawn was just asking! well. 2 surveys now (i) tensed asians (ii) overreacting indians … coming down for beers !

Bombay, your incessant rambling is egregious.

Jman18 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Uhmm, what?? :slight_smile:

cfa_bombay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FYI …i am an Indian giving level 1 and yet to > sincerely start reading. Not tensed… Drop in the > ocean, may be? does it matter, don’t think so. Or maybe you’re delusional?

I’m in between jersey white and Alaskan white, if that helps.

i’m off-white. kinda of a creamy-beige.

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Given the reported vast majority of Asians > (Indians, Chinese, etc.) on test day, it is worth > finding out the various demographics that make up > analystforum. It is also obvious the amount of > tension found in each post and response. So is > analystforum comprised mostly of a faceless group > of Asians constantly on edge due to the stress > involved in passing these exams? > > Does the CFAI produce a demographic breakdown of > candidates in the United States? Are you interested in the stats of gays and lesbians too?

Argentinian mofo here. Also count me on the sexually obsessed people if you’re keeping stats of that too.

if AF is overly asian, its because of the Canadian invasion! the toronto test centre is maybe 40% white/black and is the largest in the world.

I’m a white male from the US. Man, I am pretty lucky.

I may be characterized as white, off white, ivory or beige

I’m str8 up white as snow, and a DUDE. AND FROM AMERIKUH I’m with Brain Wash here, so awesome to be a white man. Just check out Louie CK for reinforcement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

White male, 'bout three shades lighter than a bar of Ivory soap. It’s OK though; after about 15 minutes in the sun, I turn a beautiful shade of red normally associated with firetrucks.

asian female berkeley, CA

pawn your posts are funny. I really liked the last one about the salaries. lol

cfa_bombay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol …for a change someone is tensed for a > different reason now ! > > Not sure how will it help you if CFAI says there > are 80% asians. (or for that matter 20%) , will > this mean that you will not give the test? Does it > affect your passing? Will you generalize from such > a small sample that asians can’t hold their nerves > on competitive exams? Will you then conclude that > those no shows and walkouts in second half are > then non-asians because they took it too lightly? > > asians are more because we are MORE …chill !! > > Go ahead make the poll… Happy to learn of any > conclusions if it is significant. Even if it > generalizes that an Indian is likely to crack > before an exam, I know that I won’t. Waiting for > the result may be…ha ha. > > But if there is anything you can do is to ask your > government to pressure the Indian govt to start a > 1 child policy. Desperately needed for India, for > indians and for the world ! lol ! If presure does > not work just bribe our leaders ! > > FYI …i am an Indian giving level 1 and yet to > sincerely start reading. Not tensed… Drop in the > ocean, may be? does it matter, don’t think so. > > I have seen some other snide remarks on Indians > and asians on this ‘analyst’ forum. Brown is the > new Black it seems. > > But everyone should be allowed to express their > view. And if brown is irritating you …then go > ahead. make the comment. Smart ones like me will > pick it up, to match up to global standards. Don’t > care for the rest of my race if they don’t > ‘gloablise’. I know i get irritated by much of > what my country men do abroad - oblivious to norms > ! what. the… there’s 1 vote for a rambling indian. any others?

I am a white chinese guy from Hong Kong who thinks he’s black