Demotivated by some questions posted here..

I thought I had a fairly good grasp over the material. BUT, some questions being posted here look pretty alien. Is it just me, or there are similar people like me who are equally clueless.

I agree. I think you need amuch more top down approach to beat this test. Knowing the minutia is not the key IMHO. It`s not like Level 1 or 2.

darlia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree. I think you need amuch more top down > approach to beat this test. Knowing the minutia is > not the key IMHO. It`s not like Level 1 or 2. I’m hoping Darlia is right. Just keep hustling and get acquainted with the essay piece so you’re comfortable with it. Know ips cold and bang that skank proper out of the gate and go from there.

Exactly, if you bomb IPS you`re basically finished. If you know Ethics, GIPS, IPS and FIXED Income and Equity and get 50 50 on the rest, you will pass.

Don’t forget that the questions asked here are usually harder than usual.

I hope AFers never get to create questions for the actual exam. Pass rate will fall to 15%. I just gotta keep focusing on the bigger picture for these last few days. Going between every single line is not gonna work. So formulas, calculations, important themes in the LOS. Thats about it.

Don’t let the questions posted here bother you. They contain detailed information that will account for less than 5% of real the total exam.

Most people on this board are, arguably, some of the most sincere and committed CFA candidates. Also, I don’t think most people here post questions that they thought were particulary easy anyway. So there you have it. These are the questions that some of the most serious contenders found not so easy either. No need to fret. Make sure you master the EOC, the blue examples and all tests published on the CFAI site. If you feel comfortable solving these, don’t lose sleep over some pernicketty questions you didn’t get, posted by our friends Paraguay, deriv, bpdulag, soddy etc… K E E P T H E F A I T H!!! (damn!!! the Bon Jovi song from when I was a teenager is stuck in my head now… thanks guys!!!)

I thought I was the only one. Some of these quizes are insane

So far I have 1. Read through original text once, Schweser twice, revising presently 2. Completed all EOCs 3. Did 4 sample exams and 1 mock for pm session 4. Did 6 am sessions (CFAI) 5. Prepared a formula sheet which I review now and then 6. Made a list of calculations that are in the syllabus which are also reviewed 7. Have made notes on approx 60% of the syllabus. Too time consuming. Mission aborted. Its just plain frustrating when some questions pop out which I cant answer. Gotta do some easy stuff before the exam to regain the confidence.

I MUST DISAGREE - THANKS TO ALL WEIRD QUESTION POSTERS!!! You motivate me a lot! Yes, sometimes you think wtf! but I like to have this before and not on the exam. So even if I try to stay most with the basics to get close to 100% of the easy points, it is really helpful to see if you have missed something and you have at least a grasp of what the question is about if you see it on exam day. Keep going guys!

No no. I agree with you that they are doing us a big favor. They are dedicating the time to find out tricky issues and posting it here for our benefit. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Those are the same guys who seem to help out people who are facing problems understanding topics. So we are lucky to have them on board. I guess I am just intimidated by the level of dedication and mastery by some of the forum members.

kh.asif Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought I had a fairly good grasp over the > material. BUT, some questions being posted here > look pretty alien. Is it just me, or there are > similar people like me who are equally clueless. Not true. We are alien. The questions are from the same place as CFAI

Again, their posting questions is in compliance with the Code of Ethics of the CFAI. They have helped to improve not only their own competences, but of us all.

lol…last two posts made me laugh out loud… I just imagined green aliens with antennas on their head sitting for CFA L3 and then getting frustrated by an IPS TVM problem…

The aliens will probably just end up shooting all of us dead for making their simple lives so complicated with some individual IPS stuffs.