Depression-Life Sucks-Can't Believe I Screwed Up-Not Another Year Thread

None taken man!

Retab is for losers

One L3 failure and you are depressed??, dude seriously you have never experienced failure in life, i guess.

Experiencing a failure is an experience that

1. Allows you to learn

2. fight

No one is invincible, everyone will fail somewhere down the line, if not here then somewhere else.

Cheer up and fight back!!!

This is exactly what happen to me when I did it first attempt last year, I was already feeling there is no need for L3 since I know everything and exams sucks. I failed band 9. This year I failed band 4 because of being bored. Imagine i felt too lazy to read carefully in the PM session specially after I used all my power for the AM session? I felt so bad after ethics two cases and then depressed already in the individual and instituional case. Life really sucks now and we need to just to take it easy next time and just focus. Screw practcing because there is nothing to practice with for me. I still can remember the questions and answers.

If I passed the test, I would say the same

Me too, specially at the questions where only calculations were required. I guess we did not provide enough of “show your calculation”

2010 Dec - Level I Pass

2011 June - Level II Fail

2012 June - Level II Pass

2013 June - Level III Fail

2015 June - Level III Fail

2016 June - Level III Pass

I had my fair share of failures, Don’t you think so?

I did not get depressed, all this while i was married and working in IB with all kinds of family/relationship pressures

Same strategy (and results) for me

Same for me. For level 2 and 3 I solely relied on the CFAI books, which means I read every word in it. I have no sympathy for people who say they studied for “3 weeks” and expect to past the AM portion. There is just no way. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that is impossible.

Maybe I’m not a genius like some of you. I did mocks from the last 10 years but I still got <50 on five AM topics. 10 questions is just too many if you do not know your shit.

Oh no…not another user…not giving me sympathy votes…oh no…life slowly draining…energy depleting…all these years that i have achieved professionally your sympathy was what got me throught them alll…no…please…i think i see a white light…need your sympathy…

Not trying to be a jerk but at a certain point you have to ask yourself is it really worth it? 6 straight years of January - May being total misery (with some nuggets of knowledge sprinkled in) is DRAINING. People sacrifice a lot to prepare for these exams, social lives take a hit, health becomes a concern (both physical and mental). I truly feel for those who have to go through this gauntlet so many times. Are three letters worth more than 3 years of our life?

I’d encourage you to not make topics saying how depressed you are and how much “life sucks” when you’ve put all of like… 2 months into preparing for three CFA exams. What were you expecting?

Does this mean i do not get any sympathy and encouragement from you too ltj? …pain slowly reaching depths of soul…vision of future blurring…life seeping…i have relied on yoy itj all this time when i became senior management when i passed level 1 and 2 when i travelled to explore…no itj…sympathy please…sympathy…

Let’s declare truce and get back to work.

Senior management!? Explorer!?

Didn’t realize we had a hybrid Steve Jobs/Magellan posting among us.

Nah not battling them. Just got bored so came here.

i am having a really hard time getting motivated back… and it showed…

Band 10 in 2014… Band 7 then Band 6 this time… it really does sucks… maybe i should call it quits?

Having reached here and trief, does not make sense to quit. It just need that extra bit…

well…i see people in other threads having started in 2001 and passing out in 2016. My struggles are nothing in front of them.

I was just lucky to clear these levels.

The issue is that, i believe these smaller struggles help you gain wind for bigger turmoil in life to come.

If I had failed L3 this year (was very close to failing), I was ready to call it quits. Having passed L1 and L2 is sunk cost, and you’re not “wasting” anything by not finishing L3. You would have done L1 and L2 regardless of whether you pass L3. Hope we can think of it rationally and not be blinded by an inherent emotional bias.

I sincerely hope no one takes this message the wrong way…