Depression?

You’re in a rut and probably burned out on CFA. We’ve all been there.

Do stuff outside. Excersize your other senses and it will get some dopamine going. I try to go to a park I’ve never been to before to snap me out of the fog.

Yoga and excersize. Let the cute asses in Lululemon around you reinvigorate your spirit.

As hard as it is to get off the couch, a long ride or personal best on the bike makes me happy and energized.

Two ways to find happiness. Raise your reality or lower your expectations. Start with food and shelter as a goal. If you’re there, allow yourself a pat on the back for not being a burden on your family and neighbors. If not, figure out a way to pull your weight.

Dude, asking people of AF will just make things worse - a lot of people on here are just horrible people.

Its been said already but worth saying again., Excercise. Go to the gym, kick out the local bro on the squat rack and bang out some squats. Check out the girlys there too bro, lulu is a godsend.

Get your adrenoline going again too. Meet up with some old friends, go on meetups and meet some new people, grab some random tinder dates. Don’t get yourself a gf yet, get laid by a few birdies first.

Most important thing is to get active. sitting around smoking is pathetic and you will feel pathetic whether you admit it or not.

Gl man

People are so fast to say stuff like, “don’t do it! Think how selfish it is to those you leave behind. There’s always another option. Blah blah blah.”

What if suicide is the best option? Maybe Hippo doesn’t have anyone in his life that would miss him. He’s a drug addict with little to no job prospects. I don’t know…I Hippo should seriously consider it.

Hippo, you know how you use opium so you can’t feel that pain? That feeling that you’ll always be alone? You can end it all.

^ what are you trying to do here?

Respect.

You are one machiavellian SOB.I love you,no hommo

Clean this place up, one way or another. This guy starts an account and immediately says he’s going to kill himself to a group of strangers on a finance board. Sure. This is probably the most obvious trolling I’ve ever seen. The fact he’s getting legit replies from people I respect here…well, it’s disappointing.

Now, on the very slight chance I’m wrong and he is suicidal? I still don’t care. He could livestream it and I’d watch with a bag of popcorn. I don’t think you understand…

There is an idea of a Sweep the Leg; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable… I simply am not there.

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

^^^ the wretched trolls bring out the best you, STL… bravo, bravo!

those bottom two paragraphs are quotes from American Psycho http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/39106-there-is-an-idea-of-a-patrick-bateman-some-kind

More concerning than the quality of the discussion is that even the level of trolling has seriously gone down. As Lenin would say - What is to be done?

oh I know.

I can’t believe the same actor that played Patrick Bateman will be portraying Michael Burry in The Big Short, Thats an insane leap.

If you look at all the people on the net posting about their depression they tend to be living the above lifestyle – staying indoors all day, no sunlight, eating junkfood, drinking, smoking, and other drugs. So, don’t do that.

You may be conflating cause and effect here.

^ It’s a feeback loop.