Depresssssssssssssssed

SAML1, 1. You are in a very good position as solid grasp of basic accounting is very well respected in almost all interviews. One reason I see people missing out on most interviews is their lack of grasp on basic accounting fundae. 2. You are totally justified in feeling dejected as you do deserve a reward for completing L1. But, you already got the reward - that you can now write L1 on your CV and will be able to write L2 by next August! 3. You were not being called for any interviews because noone else was too - the market was not at all responsive. Trust me I know a person from MDI who is working with UBI as a PO. salary - some 2.4 lpa CTC with a 2 year contract (bond amount 2 lacs). Another person from a SIMSR working for a small brokerage house selling insurance and another selling Current accounts and saving accounts in IDBI. Salaries - 15k and 18k respectively. :slight_smile: 4. Post a link to your resume here and we will all ensure that its circulated among our network. The markets are getting better exponentially in India, and you will be getting much better offers very soon. You will be surprised to see how troublesome by these HR calls are once market improves. 5. Visit http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/ 6. Relax, cheer up and go for one movie tonight with your girl-friend. Do not break up with her - Show her this thread - And see the change in her from tomorrow. :slight_smile: Cheers!

I am thankful that i have got such a good friends on AF who are worried for me.I thought by writing here i am just gulping out my depression as i was not able to tell anyone. Thanks friends,i will never leave this site at any cost as you people are too honest to tell me about what others are feeling and i should stopp thinking about all.Now i am preparing for Level 2, Can anyone tell me that as i am working in hard core accounting process,So will that be counted in my charter and do yuo thingk that after L2 market will be good.just a forecast types. Anupam Jain,how can i post my resume.can you gimme your Email ID Thanks a lot guys now i’ll make threads to ask you my difficulties of Level 2 cirriculum. Yours SAM L2

SAM, seriously go see a doctor. You need major counseling, no offence!

SAML1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am thankful that i have got such a good friends > on AF who are worried for me.I thought by writing > here i am just gulping out my depression as i was > not able to tell anyone. > > Thanks friends,i will never leave this site at any > cost as you people are too honest to tell me about > what others are feeling and i should stopp > thinking about all.Now i am preparing for Level > 2, > > Can anyone tell me that as i am working in hard > core accounting process,So will that be counted in > my charter and do yuo thingk that after L2 market > will be good.just a forecast types. > > Anupam Jain,how can i post my resume.can you gimme > your Email ID > > Thanks a lot guys now i’ll make threads to ask you > my difficulties of Level 2 cirriculum. > > Yours > SAM L2 you da man Sam!!

Sam use some online resume service (Google might help?). Also your work in an accounting process might NOT count towards the charter (but that does not stop you from sitting for the exam and clearing it). Wish you All the Very Best for your endeavors. Cheers!

sameeragarwal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > u have a gf (only lucky guys get a gf in > india)…that in itself is a reason to feel > super… Dude , this line is politically incorrect. I would say only lucky guys get ‘beautiful’ gf in India just like any where else. This attitude unnecessarily raises the value of girls :).

If you’re seriously depressed, like folks said, get help. If you’re just bummed out and not getting replies to a resume and wondering what’s up, you’re going about your job search wrong. I’d say 75%+ of jobs are gotten through knowing somebody. If you don’t know anybody, you have to make this your full time job. Networking gets you everywhere. Like Bizbanker says- it’s not always the best resume or credentials that get you the job. You have to know people to get the interview, and then at the interview you need to prepare like you do for CFA tests, and rock them. If it doesn’t come naturally, you have to practice. Learn from your mistakes. You’ll get there bud, don’t give up. But your approach seems way off. L1, L2, L3, CFA, MBA, they’re just a few letters. Great, fine, whatever, but they don’t guarantee you anything. You have to go out, meet people, and take what’s yours.

SAML, I think you are some kind of my copy ! I can relate to you. I have been unemployed for over year and a half since my graduation even though I graduated from best business school of Pakistan. I don’t have a girl friend and I don’t want one either. A friend is helpful and i don’t have some very close friend around either. During the peak of my depression and taunts from my brother for being unemployed, I failed L1 on band 9 which further aggravated the situation. I came to pass it this june. I was living alone and I am still living alone in a flat. All i do all day long is to kill cockroaches that crawl up the dried waste pipe of my bathroom. The only time I talk during a day is when i ask the shopkeeper for bread. I do some study for L2, kill my time by exercising, and looking for a job when all my batchmates are employed. And I can feel the brail of your heart. Its effin tough to cope with depression. When i get depressed, I EAT ! and boy I eat like hell ! Its not money or status that makes you happy. Its the inner contentment that does ! And you get it when you do what you like. As Damil4real said: > Things in life usually don’t go as planned, so be > driven and work toward your goals, but realize > that some things are out of your hands (like the > economy) and things will work out in the end. > Work hard, study, exercise, and drink a few > beers…you’ll be ok. I know its stupid to quote from a movie, but as Harvey Dent said "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming. " You must believe that you will get through your night. And boy o boy… dawn is coming !

Ah, the timeless wisdom of Batman.

Reminds me of the movie: I am Sam. Damn, Michell Pfeiffer is so hot.

@Mikehotel86 Dawn sure is coming friend. Where have u done ur MBA from? my guess is LUMS? I’m frm Mumbai but i’ve heard of LUMS. How’s the economy looking in Pakistan? We hear only bad things on TV - bombs goin off, th war with taliban and so on. Here in India, power, ports, and infra are the hot sectors attracting a lot of investment rt now. What’s hot over there? Hows the KSE doin? Fikar na karo dost apko job zaroor milega, uparwala jab deta hey chappar faad ke deta hey.

AbhiJ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sameeragarwal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > u have a gf (only lucky guys get a gf in > > india)…that in itself is a reason to feel > > super… > > Dude , this line is politically incorrect. I would > say only lucky guys get ‘beautiful’ gf in India > just like any where else. This attitude > unnecessarily raises the value of girls :). +1

The things is man, you might have to work in a transitional type field or some back office job for a while. There is no way you’re going to just jump into a hedge fund or instantly become a trader. I can’t see even sell side equity research in this economy unless you get extremely lucky. There’s always fund accounting, portfolio accounting, transition advisory if you’re at a Big 4 (probably harder to get into) or some kind of compliance that you can transition from to a better position in a few years while you get your CFA charter.

CFAMetal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The things is man, you might have to work in a > transitional type field or some back office job > for a while. There is no way you’re going to just > jump into a hedge fund or instantly become a > trader. I can’t see even sell side equity research > in this economy unless you get extremely lucky. > There’s always fund accounting, portfolio > accounting, transition advisory if you’re at a Big > 4 (probably harder to get into) or some kind of > compliance that you can transition from to a > better position in a few years while you get your > CFA charter. If possible get a graduate business degree.

Stop watching Bollywood Movies !