Derivatives and AI (CFAI/Schewzer?)

All, As derivatives and AI are only 5 and 3 points respectively, should one be okay reading schweser notes or is CFAI reading recommended? What is the general consensus? Thanks…

Victor, there is no consensus for your question. Derivatives and alternatives are critical to your success in the LII and LIII exams and all of that material builds from LI. So, begin with Schweser because it’s more concise, but use CFAI for clarification and/or to increase your depth of knowledge as necessary. In general, regarding the whole CFAI vs. Schweser question, candidates have been successful using both approaches. However, I strongly recommend that you emphasize the CFAI materials for both ethics and portfolio management. In my experience, the CFAI curriculum became more valuable (relative to my Schweser materials) at each successive exam. For example, I found the QBank to be instrumental to my success on LI but essentially worthless for LIII. Good luck.

Schweser books for Deri and Alt Inv are good enough to pass the L1…but from knowledge point of view you MUST read CFA books…trust me they are awsome…