Derivatives Fundamentals Course (for canadian posters)

Have any of you finished this course? It’s stipulated on my contract at work to have it (as well as the options licensing course) completed by the end of July next year, and I’ve got my level 1 exam coming up in June so I’m wondering how realistic it is for me to complete both of those (or at least the DFC) within that time frame? I’ve heard its more difficult than the CSC. How long is it exactly, and how long would it take to complete it, given a 40 hour work week? Any advice would be appreciated.

here’s an idea - if you’ve got a business undergrad recently and took a options course while there you should be ok knowledge wise to pass with limited studying (it may be close, it may not) why not sign up for the exam in january, study until the exam date and see if you pass. If you fail, you can write again sometime in july for both options and DFC. if you pass, then you can take it off your plate an only worry about the options exam in july after you write the Level I.

Are you at td waterhouse?

I took it last year. It took 3 weeks of focused studying to pass it, with a full time job (not that demanding at that time). Probably 2 hrs every night plus some 10-15 hrs on the weekends.

strikershank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > here’s an idea - if you’ve got a business > undergrad recently and took a options course while > there you should be ok knowledge wise to pass with > limited studying (it may be close, it may not) > > why not sign up for the exam in january, study > until the exam date and see if you pass. If you > fail, you can write again sometime in july for > both options and DFC. if you pass, then you can > take it off your plate an only worry about the > options exam in july after you write the Level I. Nay on the business undergrad.

ajama Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you at td waterhouse? Nope.

FourCastles Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took it last year. It took 3 weeks of focused > studying to pass it, with a full time job (not > that demanding at that time). Probably 2 hrs every > night plus some 10-15 hrs on the weekends. That’s not too bad. Have you done the options course as well? Maybe i can knock them off after the level 1 exam though I don’t know how much studying i’ll want to do at that point. blah.

Are these (CSI, etc.) major exams in Canada?

sternwold, they’re government regulated industry courses/licences, they’re comparable with the series 7 and 42 etc. courses in the States.