Designations for a student

Hey! I am 20 years old and I am from Russia. I currently study at Finance University under the government of Russian Federation. I am writing on this forum because I want to know if I am on the right side. I passed CMT level 1 and planning to take level 2 and also I have enrolled for FRM level 1. I am very disciplined and spend too much time studying but do I make a right thing? Too many people say me here, in Russia, that there are no any needs for taking the exams before taking a job or practice. It is quite hard to get a job in Russia even if I pointed out the facts about the exams and my motivation in the resume. What are your advices for me? Should I go on or I should change something? Overall, may you give me some tips and tricks :slight_smile:

First try to get job then focus on giving FRM because GARP itself requires some work experience(in relevant field) before they give you certificate !

In your situation, I would simply keep looking for a job and keep studying for FRM.

Even though the above quote is true, GARP doesn’t care when you get your work experience. It can be done before, during or after completing FRM.

These kinds of courses (FRM, CFA, CAIA etc.) are designed to be done while having a full-time job.