Desperately need new test material... seeking assitance

I use Schweser, and I’ve done all of exam book 1 and 2, I’ve done all the CFA tests, and I’ve done all the paid CFA samples. The mock is just a copy of last years two samples combined, so i’ve done that too. I am signed up for the Schweser live mock (which I hope changes from last year, unlike their test booklets), but beyond that I have nothing new to go off of.

I really could use some Stalla tests, or something comparable, but I checked ebay, craigslist, and even stalla’s website and couldn’t find anything for sale. Since Schweser acquired Stalla I guess they don’t sell Stalla material anymore so I have to get it used. Would anybody be willing to sell me their 2011/12 Stalla test booklets, preferably unmarked if possible?

so what are you scoring on all of these?

Good luck…I would love to get my hands on some of the old multple choice mock exams. I feel that I have been doing so poorly on the essays that I need to nail the MC to pass.

mid 70’s, but im a retaker.

FinQuiz mocks. First of three for L3 was released yesterday.

FinQuiz mocks definitely helped me make it past the L2 bar last year.

markCFAIL, so the paid sample exams are just repeats of the mock and previous exams?

No, the mocks are repeats of prior years paid samples. E.G. this years mock is the 2 paid testrac samples from last year combined. They don’t let you print the sample because then you would find out they are too lazy to come up with fresh material for the mock.

just out of curiousity mark, what are you going to do for the next 27 days? redo some of those tests? You will obviously not be able to get your hands on enough new tests to take up 27 days. I am reviewing all key material/redoing questions from the book and then I am going to hit the schweser exams and cfa exams hard starting Monday. I will be able to get through all of them with a few days to spare before the exam.

just out of curiousity mark, what are you going to do for the next 27 days? redo some of those tests? You will obviously not be able to get your hands on enough new tests to take up 27 days. I am reviewing all key material/redoing questions from the book and then I am going to hit the schweser exams and cfa exams hard starting Monday. I will be able to get through all of them with a few days to spare before the exam.

Well I really have no choice, I’ve been re-doing EoC’s over and over but it really isn’t that helpful because at this stage in the game, at least for me, I need to be reviewing everything cumulatively in my sittings… going through one book at a time just causes other stuff to leak out of my head. For instance today I re-did every Schweser EoC in the fixed income book.

I will probably end up re-doing the old tests too, I would do finquiz, but when I tried it at Level 2 it was just too difficult and tested the really esoteric corners of the curriculum, i found it uhelpful and frustrating. Generally Schweser tests are about as good as it can get for me (I have never tried Stalla) aside from the actual mocks of course, but I am out of those too. Only thing I have left to prepare with is the two new paid samples from CFAI (doing one in a few min), and the live Schweser mock that I signed up for, which i certainly hope is diff from the live mock last year (their test books aren’t), because i took that last year too.

I would *LOVE* to get my hands on some high quality alternate providers, which I guess is just really Stalla, but they are non-existent on ebay/craigslist, and nobody bit on this thread either…

I need to keep the ball rolling!

I have a mock exam tattooed on my genitals. Come and solve it.

Sounds like someone has a problem with peaking a little too early…

Pretty much everyone on this board would like to be in your position, so relax. I would reprint and rework all the CFA morning exams you have. If you are a retaker, you should have back to 07 or 06, so that should take some time. If you are scoring 75% on multiple choice, that great. But any item set where you missed 2+, I would rework it & go back to the CFAI material to restudy. I would also suggest making flashcards for formulas/lists in the curriculum. It is a time intensive but worthwhile process.

I seriously don’t have a problem with such people but this guy here is deliberately trying to make people tensed. He knows he’s well prepared and I wish him all the best too and If I’d have solved as many exams as he has, I’d not worry. Just a quick review, some alcohol, and a massage. Take the exam like a boss.

I am not trying to make anybody tense, I am a retaker, which is the only reason I have done so much. I made multiple references to “last year” in the thread, I thought you would be able to figure it out. I did all of this stuff last year, I did NOTHING new this year because I have nothing new (beyond the paid samples and the schweser live mock).

I too hate people that try to nut flex and show you how prepared they are just to play head games, but that is not the case here. I am seriously just trying to get fresh material so I can have some stuff to practice until test day, because if you peak to early, you can start to forget shit.

I would redo the tests from last year as if you never did them last year. Do you really think you will remember the correct answers from a year ago?

Considering I’ve already re-done them all once, yes.

hey markCFAIL, shoot me an email…

mikewilbur2@gmail.com

>70 is great. I suggest you focus on the wrong mcs and go back to CFA books and review the concept/formula. Id be happy to score in mid 60s.