Did anyone here PASS with just Schweser????

Hey Guys, thanks for the posts, i truly appreciate them. I used Schweser for L1 and L2 and passed first time. Here comes L3 and I decide to use strictly CFAI notes.—This proved to be the worst decision of my life so far. I did use some schweser practice exams, but not the notes. I think now I know what needs to be done for 2009. Thank you guys, and congratulations to you all, it was a tough exam and you guys obviously deserved it. Cheers

Schweser all the way, level 1-3… barely even cracked a CFA note. Way too much reading, way too many irrelevant examples, makes me fall asleep. Go with Schweser, stick to their program, take all of the samples, you shouldn’t have a problem passing cuz it prepares you pretty well.

Schweser almost screwed me up. Did Level 1 and 2 with just CFAI and did very very well. Split Level III between CFAI and Schweser and, while I passed, I felt far less prepared than if I had focused exclusively on the CFAI. I mean, many of the questions were direct quotes of the CFAI text–what did Schweser do for me?

Schweser for all 3. I actually read the cfa texts for level III for IPS stuff and a couple of other sections and i found schweser much easier to understand.

Only Schweser, I never opened the CFA books.

passed all three levels just with Schweser,

Passed all 3 with schweser, although I used CFAI for ~10% of my studying at L1 and L3. I always found CFAI unusable and just gave up.

I passed with just the Schweser notes and the seminar.

passed with study notes, audio cds, Toronto weekly classes and secret sauce!

thanks again for your input guys. This is all i needed to see to confirm my decision to use Schweser.

Given the margin for error that one has when taking the exam (i.e., can fail several sections and still pass), you can definitely do it with just schweser, but you have to know it cold. Good luck IH8FSA.

I did for I, II and III.

• 3/3 with Schweser notes - I strongly recommend to do the past years’ exams (2 separate books of Schweser) to get fully prepared for the AM exam session (notes alone are not enough); you need these exercise drills… good luck!

3/4 with Schweser notes. Making my own flash cards was the biggest factor to my success. I used the CFA books occassionally for reference.

me used notes only for 1 and 2, passes both of them, but bad ethics…so level 3 i used notes and the books (books were only for ethics), passed level 3 too, but ethics was bad again…

Me, passed all 3 with notes only

me, passed all 3 with notes, even not finished the end of chapter questions 1 & 2: except one all >70%

the secret sauce was well worth the money IMO. i used it for both level II and III and found it a very helpful review.

passed with only Schweser. No practice tests. But reviewed Schweser twice and made handwritten notes during the 2nd review and reviewed these twice. Just knowing Schweser notes very well will help you pass. I recommend not reading CFAI materials - its a waste of time. I have passed all 3 levels with only Schweser (I had to take level 2 twice bcos of overconfidence). (I probably should have practiced written essays bcos I had a time crunch in the AM session).

I see a lot of people here passed Level III with Schweser only!! What about the CFAI books that we get?? Should we put them to any use? Thanks, Anish