Did anyone notice this?

I am referring to this link : http://finance.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX%3A.DJI Did you notice that the index value keeps changing even after the close?To add to that, they had the word *close* instead of the *real time* and I noticed the same for at least 10 minutes. After that it stabilized and the index value ceased to be fickle. My guess is that this has something to do with either after market hours orders/settlement or some problem at Google’s end. Not sure though.

Lot of volume at close.

I don’t think the DJIA quote on google is real time.

There is always a lag on the data, 10-15min or so, its like that on most sites you see. Its the same way throughout the day, you just dont notice you are looking at old prices…

after hours

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is always a lag on the data, 10-15min or so, > its like that on most sites you see. Its the same > way throughout the day, you just dont notice you > are looking at old prices… My guess is that its after-hours. Coz if there was a lag, then they would not have mentioned *close* after the price. They explicitly mention real time while the trading is on.

There was a huge imbalance on close; I’m pretty sure it isn’t after hours.

it isnt after hours. Check back at 8pm, it will be the same as it is at 4:15pm.

there is usually a delay in the close reporting- google is probably set up to tag ‘close’ at 4pm, but lately data is so overwhelming there are delays in the reports being sent out.

anupamjain008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tvPM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > There is always a lag on the data, 10-15min or > so, > > its like that on most sites you see. Its the > same > > way throughout the day, you just dont notice > you > > are looking at old prices… > > > My guess is that its after-hours. Coz if there was > a lag, then they would not have mentioned *close* > after the price. They explicitly mention real time > while the trading is on. I don’t think so. I’ve never seen the real time indicator on the index prices.

So do you guys finally think that there is a lag or is it coz of huge volume/imbalance?

Lag. It does it for securities as well, and i doubt every security on my list has a big imbalance every single day…laggy laggertons.

Okay, so now you guys should visit this again : http://finance.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI You will probably notice that there is indeed a real-time quote on Google Finance, unless I am missing something obvious. 8,480.98 -98.21 (-1.14%) Real-time: 10:29AM EDT