Did i violate the code of ethics?

I took the exam in Dubai. And no the proctor didn’t tell me what she’s going to report. I did receive an email reply from CFAI on the request i submitted. It says that a proctor may have submitted a report to the Professional Conduct Program, and that they will be contacting that group to check the report. Also says that the Professional Conduct Program will contact me if additional information is required In our test centre, as soon as the proctor said ‘stop writing’, nobody really burst into any conversations but i am pretty sure that a courtesy ‘How did it go?’ was going around the whole exam hall. The proctors here were pretty strict. I am not saying that what happened was not my fault, but yes i do believe that common sense should prevail here. It was something instinctive! Meanwhile my friends have been having a ball calling me and talking in a robotic tone “You have violated the code of ethics and standards of professional conduct”

I gave the exam in Dubai too, some of the proctors were just kids who looked they were barely out of Knowledge village; others looked like bored housewives. Btw I felt that there should be an announcement before each session and after each session saying please stop talking"and"You may talk now" The unofficial rule was “you are allowed to talk after your paper has been taken”, but making official announcements would make things clearer

Funny how Spanish are more disciplined than some others. Nobody was talking until after the exams were collected. I started talking only when we were told we were dismissed.

I think this is a very normal phenomenon whereby people will just ask the one sitting beside how was it. Shouldn’t be a violation unless you did not stop writing (this should be more serious). Hope you will be alright.

Do they notify the person right away in case of violation and is the proctor responsible for letting the candidate know that he is going to report a certain action or he doesnt have to mention that he is going to file a violation? Does it take time for the institute to let the candidate know about a certain breech or warning? I barely heard of a case where a proctor notified the person about a breech or a violation

The proctor cannot write anything about you without notifying you about your violations and having you signed and admitted the violation. If the proctor done none of that you’re fine.

lilzany Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The proctor cannot write anything about you > without notifying you about your violations and > having you signed and admitted the violation. If > the proctor done none of that you’re fine. lol seems like you are talking from a bad experience or something… if a proctor asked me to sign an admission of violation sheet I would flat out refuse and take the case to a head proctor.

Nope. But proctors just can’t write anything without first notifying the OP the offense etc right?

I dont think so, I think they have the right to submit a written report without having you to sign anything.

you have to sign or they write they informed you and you refused to sign. It’s lawless out there, you just have to accept their way of doing things.

I don’t think you have to sign, they can report you without having to sign anything.

I think the proctor can report without informing me. But its CFAI, who will read the report (via the Professional Conduct Program) and then take it up with me and if i am judged guilty then CFAI would ask me to sign a document accepting that i have violated the code and XXX standards. The proctors job is only to report and reporting an incident doesn’t really need any candidate’s signature

i think i proctor took your details just in case both of you have the same answers on more questions than is statistically probable. other than that, i see no problem.

confused2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think i proctor took your details just in case > both of you have the same answers on more > questions than is statistically probable. other > than that, i see no problem. Do you think it is possible? What if both members had done well on their exam and they had good scores and many match? doesnt make sense to me but still easier than getting reported from the first time.

They would rather compare mistakes. Anyways, i think proctors don’t have to warn anybody.

Comparing mistakes seems a bit more logical than just reporting. I guess it depends on the proctor and how he/she perceives it.

kunalcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think the proctor can report without informing > me. But its CFAI, who will read the report (via > the Professional Conduct Program) and then take it > up with me and if i am judged guilty then CFAI > would ask me to sign a document accepting that i > have violated the code and XXX standards. The > proctors job is only to report and reporting an > incident doesn’t really need any candidate’s > signature Ok, I pray nothing bad is going to happen to you. Talking while with your exam sheet still with you could mean a lot of things.

So would you know if you were being written up?

haven’t heard anything yet!

I think they’d send a letter by mail in 3-4 weeks period after the exam IF they decided to take an action.