Did not get the accounting promotion because I studied too hard on CFA

It’s funny that you brought out the scenario analysis. I was doing self reflection when I got notice that I did not get the promotion. And then I question myself: what if I got the promo now but did not clear LIII? I would not want to torture myself another year for the CFA prep, and I do have plan to have a family and enjoy my life and relocate. Thus, Scenario 1 is what I think I would choose when compared to scenario 2. Like you mentioned, I don’t even want to stay with Public Accounting firm (aka looking for career switch), so the promo does not play an essential part. I really appreciate your analysis. :slight_smile:

Audit experience does count, CFAI lists “Auditor” as an accepted profession. But you need to word your experience properly, that’s why I asked you. I’ve started a firm that provide accounting/consutling services. Just like any other firm.

Good to hear that! Then I’m a couple months away from getting all 4 year experience. Keep in touch, and I’ll let you know when I applied. MY what’s app is 9023713570 :slight_smile:

Does the provided number include the country code? It doesn’t appear in my Whats App. I’d like to be kept updated as I plan to send my experience in this coming period and get it out of the way before I attempt level three… I already have more than four years worth of experience

Check your inbox :slight_smile:

+1

Unless your boss values the qualification.