Did that just happen??

I have not made a post on this website since November. I have been busy with graduation, holiday festivities, festive drinking, and looking for a job. I am glad to say that today I finally got the equity research associate job at Raymond James after five months of trying. I wanted to personally thank everyone here for the help. Without you guys, I would never have gotten the job. I just want to say to everyone keep on going after that job you desire. In September I was shot down by them after a first round interview. A month later I emailed the VP and apparently sent a convincing enough email to get a second shot. The process went for another three months. I kept emailing them, always told them I was in the area, and whatever else I could think of to keep me in their minds. In the end, I got the job and again I just wanted to thank everyone. I hope that I can help as much as I have been helped in the near future. Now its back to making terrible jokes in the level 2 forum and pretending that I know a lot . . .

Congratulations - great move for you, and obviously the persistence paid off. Raymond James is a solid shop to build your career in equity research. You’re well on your way to becoming a cynical sell-sider, just like me. Seriously though…well done. Bring on the terrible jokes!

That’s a great story. Congrats.

“This is the kid, calls me 59 days in a row, wants to be a player. There ought to be a picture of you in the dictionary under persistence kid.” Congratulations.

I remember when you were looking back in Nov. That’s fantastic. Best of luck to you on your new role.

Well done !! am trying to get into ER as well ! I would appreciate any help/tips from you. Can you please email me on jimish@gmail.com so that we can talk via email. Thanks so mch

I appreciate it everyone. cfa2: I sent an email.

Hey congrats that is great news.

Niblita75 thats good news. I’ve applied to Raymond James as well last week. I would like to ask you a few questions if you dont mind. Please e-mail me at paul_336@hotmail.com. Thanks

Niblita75 thats good news. I’ve applied to Raymond James as well last week. I would like to ask you a few questions if you dont mind. Please e-mail me at paul_336@hotmail.com. Thanks

I have to do it man…sorry… I was Niblita75 personel coach throughout the process. He had it in him the whole time and often times dobuted his own ability. After sending his resume around the nation and getting feedback and redrafting along with mock interviews during the world series( sorry I was not more focused), he got the role he wanted. Just giving you a hard time. Send me my pics man of UF finest. harder you work, luckier you get good luck in level 2… i will not be taking

Congrats! Perseverance is a wonderful trait to have. I don’t know you, but I’m happy for you. :slight_smile:

Thanks somewhatdamaged, L1candidate, paulllly golden: No pics yesterday thats for sure. We got pulled over in a pickup truck on the way to the bars. 15 people in the back and we were stuck on the side of the road for a good two hours.