Did you learn anything in your MBA?

The courses seem pretty straightforward. Was it all just networking? I recently met someone out of the field who got their MBA for entrepreneurship reasons and now has several companies and a book as well as being the COO of a NYC hospital. Maybe it is worth more to people outside the field with no business experience?

I did, but that’s because my undergrad was in Espanol. When I started B-school, I had never taken a single business course in my life.

And I also had to take a lot of undergrad coursework as well, because I found that I was severely lacking in a lot of skills, such as statistics, basic math, etc. So I took Stats 101, Econ 101, Algebra/Calculus (one class that somehow combined the two together–still don’t remember anything about the calc part), Microsoft Office 101, etc. (Yes–I was taking all these classes at 28 and 29 years old.)

Why did you major in Spanish?

That’s just crazy!

Si, esta loco.

I majored in Spanish as well, among other things.

Ive heard they are pretty useless if you have an undergrad in business (aside from the networking opportunities)

Most people who get one that I have seen are either super high performers or want to make a career switch.

que paso, cholo

Wait a minute, most courses on an MBA program can be learned online for almost zero compared to an MBA cost.You can also throw out the useless sections, you can actually learn alot more if you are a self learner.If I were to do it, network and Brand would be my only reasons. I would much rather do grad school in a hard science like Math/CS than some thing like business if learning stuff was the desired outcome.Those are things that should be taught at school.

I did bunch of useless required courses in MBA. I enjoyed only finance and accounting courses because prof was awesome. It was worth for me because I was from engineering background and I don’t think I could really learn all that online. CFA level one was above and beyond all finance courses.

I am a big fan of business courses, I just think you can learn them online for a much cheaper price.So if "learning " is your goal an MBA is a waste of money IMO.How many people have those “aha” moments in a business course ? The only value of business courses where you have to attend classes after graduation are for getting a cpa.Brand and Network don’t come with an online course though.

Do you know what “cholo” means?

I mean, what it really means.

^CPA is big thing in Canada. I got so many exemptions because I did business courses in MBA. So it was helpful.

How many languages do you speak S2M? Just curious to know because you know everything.

He lives in Texas; Spanish is the official language there.

I speak a little Spanish, a little French, a little German, and a little Greek.

When I joined the Marines, I was sent to Defense Language Institute to learn Spanish, so I could be a Spanish Cryptologic Linguist. DLI is an accredited institution, so I earned 47 hours of Spanish, which was enough for a major.

Between the ages of 18-25, I got credit from about a dozen different sources. A few hours at this junior college, a few hours at that one, 2 hours of “outdoor engineering” and 3 hours of “rifle marksmanship” from Marine boot camp, CLEP testing, DANTES testing (which is CLEP for military members), a few hours from a “real” university where I had a 0.75 GPA, 9 hours credit for getting a really good score on my ACT, etc.

Eventually, I was able to find a tiny Bible college that would consolidate all my crap and give me a degree, provided that I took ten courses. So I took ten courses and purchased my diploma. It was a crap degree and I knew it, but it allowed me to go back to school and get an MBA from the finest university known to mankind.

I am fluent in over six million forms of communication and can readily

I knew it meant mexican gangster and/or the latin version of white trash but I didn’t realise it was a racial slur against the mestizo, my bad

as an aside, every single mestizo person I’ve ever met (whilst in Latin America) has insisted that they were white

You get a 99 on the ASVAB?