Did you read Schweser or CFAI Books?

Hi, I am just wondering, did you read the schweser notes or the CFAI books or both? I read only schweser and now I am looking through the EOC questions and some of them seem ‘new’… Seems I made a mistake…

do the EOC questions to death… people have passed level 2 with only schweser and EOC questions…

I am… I read only the Schweser notes, did well in sample/mock… but now am pretty surprised about some of the stuff I see… Was just wondering if anyone had the same

I’ve read both. I found that CFAI sometimes go too in depth on topics, and will discuss topics and even put questions on them that arn’t specified in the LOS. So i read that first to get a basic understanding of everything, then read schweser. It’s possible you didnt see something in schweser because its not covered in an LOS. It seems like they tend to skip over things in thats in the CFAI material but not in LOS.

Neither, I read the Stalla books.

I studied all the CFAI books and while that worked last year for Level I, its backfiring like crazy at L2. My retention is extremely low because I studied everything there was to study. Unless i get lucky, I am most likely to be taking this next year.

metsaregr8… I hope that you’re right and they don’t put up stuff that is not in LOS on the exam… I am doing the EOC vignettes like crazy now… oasis2002 - try the secret sauce from schweser - very good to get the key concepts

didn’t open CFAI books, was a waste of time for Level 1. This time around I simply didn’t have time to read CFAI books so I read schweser twice instead.

Started reading secret sauce NOW!! If only I had done so before.

Schweser videos, made notes while watching, secret sauce, and CFAI questions only. same as L1, approx 60 hours. we’ll see how i go.

oasis2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I studied all the CFAI books and while that worked > last year for Level I, its backfiring like crazy > at L2. My retention is extremely low because I > studied everything there was to study. > > Unless i get lucky, I am most likely to be taking > this next year. I’m in exactly the same boat. Couldn’t have said it better myself. How’s the secret sauce - worth paying for and looking at with 48 hours to go?

Secret Sauce is the shit. I’ve done two passes on Schweser, haven’t touched the CFAI texts.

Schweser…and reviewed some trouble topics with CFAI books,…they are loooonnnggggg

pkun1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oasis2002 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I studied all the CFAI books and while that > worked > > last year for Level I, its backfiring like > crazy > > at L2. My retention is extremely low because I > > studied everything there was to study. > > > > Unless i get lucky, I am most likely to be > taking > > this next year. > > > I’m in exactly the same boat. Couldn’t have said > it better myself. How’s the secret sauce - worth > paying for and looking at with 48 hours to go? I have it - but because I got it without paying for it - but I dont think its worth paying for at this stage. And the main issue is that schwezer wording is very different from CFAI. Its not really helping me. I am trying more of the brute force technique now. Just doing practise exams and revising topics i dont remember based on the exams. At least for me - I dont have the ability to absorb material from a new approach at this time.

CFAI + Secret Sauce + Quick Sheet