did your salary/compensation increase after you passed L2

how much did your salary/compensation increase after you passed L2

I don’t think it helped at all besides allowing me to be exempt from the Series 86. I think its viewed as an indication that I plan to leave after I receive the charter

TX - what are the 86/87 like? I have to take them shortly

From glancing at the 86 its seems like a simplified version of Level 1. Most people in the CFA program need little preparation for it. The 87 is just applying rules and disclosures to research reports. It is rather arbitrary and our company’s study materials didn’t reflect what was tested, but it shouldn’t be a problem with the adequate notes and a max 10 hrs of prep. Also, the passing score on the 87 is ~74%.

bang on. when i told people i passed L1 the office started a pool to bet on how much longer i would be there

well, you have to look at it from the perspective of an employer. a lot of us are in our 20’s, the certification takes a minimum of 3 years, the amount of time most analysts stay at a job. The CFA material while beneficial does not directly link to every aspect of our jobs and without the three letters next to your name clients have no clue that you are on your way to becoming one. So in the end, your current employer doesn’t benefit from you passing any test but the 3rd at which point you may be gone, while 3-4 months before each test every year the amount of work you can do diminishes since you are focused on passing.

TXLonghorn82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > well, you have to look at it from the perspective > of an employer. a lot of us are in our 20’s, the > certification takes a minimum of 3 years, the > amount of time most analysts stay at a job. The > CFA material while beneficial does not directly > link to every aspect of our jobs and without the > three letters next to your name clients have no > clue that you are on your way to becoming one. So > in the end, your current employer doesn’t benefit > from you passing any test but the 3rd at which > point you may be gone, while 3-4 months before > each test every year the amount of work you can do > diminishes since you are focused on passing. you say this as if most CFA L2 candidates make heavily impact the bottom line of the MNEs.